Chapter 27

*Lyla's P.O.V.*

Drinks, drinks, and more drinks. If you're wondering, that's what the hockey players gala ends up like. I was a little afraid that Pat was going to drink a lot, but he's been with me the whole time, and not even a single bit of alcohol has been down his system.

Dancing, dancing, and more dancing. That part i enjoyed.

"Hey, Pat?" I ask.

"Yes,Lyles?" He smiles.

"We're still seeing each other after this, right? I mean my dad, we can forget about that. And Daniel. We can forget about that too."

Patrick looks at me, then clears his throat.

"There are many unresolved problems in our....relationship. I've been wanting to talk to you about this... you can't keep avoiding this. I dont want to be the stupid jerk that drives my girlfriend's best friend away. I also don't want to be that boy who steals his girlfriend away from her father." He sighs, exhausted.

"No! We can't! I mean you're not like that. You're not driving anyone away, or stealing me away! It's because i want to be with you." I try to explain to Pat, but my thoughts come out jumbled.

"Woah," Patrick laughs softly, "I understand what you mean. I know im not, but that's what everyone's portraying me to be. I have to show your Dad that i AM worth it. And Daniel... that's something you have to do yourself. I don't want to get into Daniel's face or anything."

I chuckle, slowly tracing Patrick's strong arms.

"I know Dan. He'll come to his senses soon. And as for my dad... we'll show him." I stop tracing at his wrist, and hold his hand instead.

Pat's closing his eyes, and again i wonder why he's so in love with me.

"You're so...real." Patrick says.

"Of course I'm real. I'm sitting right here, aren't I?" I laugh.

"No, i mean you're real. You're so genuine, with just the simplest things you do. You only smile when you're happy, and the smile always reaches your eyes. Everything that you've been through...makes me cherish you even more. I don't want to ever lose you. I don't want to ever see you hurt or broken." Patrick plays with his fingers.

This almost seems out of place, the loud music thumping around us. But it doesn't matter, because all i can see is Patrick.

"I'm never hurt when you're with me." I lean into his strong body, and his grip tightens around my waist.

"Let's get out of here." Patrick breathes hard, and i know what he means.

I nod, swallowing slowly. I'm ready for this.

"Jonny. We're leaving first... you tell the guys to have fun." His eyes are distant, still drowning in thoughts.

"Alright." Jonathan looks a little distracted, with his arms wrapped around Alex, "Have fun, you two."

I feel heat spark onto my cheeks, as Patrick leads me out to his car.

His hand never leaves mine the whole entire way to his suite. It was like he didn't want me to ever leave.

Patrick struggles with the key, but manages to get the front door open. He throws the keys on the table, and immediately turns to me.

"Lyla." He growls softly.

His free hand reaches up and warm fingers graze my cheek.

His eyes are full of lust, as he pulls me towards his body. I feel my back press against the wall, and close my eyes. This is what i want.

He lets go of my face, his hands gripping my waist gently. He lips touch my lips slowly, and i lean in. I want more. His lips slowly part, and I follow his lead. His hands move down to my legs, sweeping my feet off the ground. He carries me to his room, never breaking our kiss.

I open my eyes just for a second, and find his eyes closed. I smile, breaking our kiss for a second. Patrick's breath comes out ragged, and i feel breathless too. "Lyla." He says softly, and his hands move to his shirt. He takes off his suit in a quick swift move, now wearing only his dress shirt.

I kick off my heels, and he places me on the bed.

He unzips my dress, and the soft fabric falls to the floor. His hands meet my bare hips, as he kisses me again, this time more urgent. His lips move down to my neck, and I tilt my head back. He pauses on my collar bone, and i open my eyes. Why did he stop?

I look up, to see him taking off his shirt. His fingers are hurried, fumbling with the buttons. He manages to strip the shirt off, and i back up onto the bed. His hands find the back of my neck, leading my lips to his.

I place my hands on Patrick's chest, feeling his strong body. He kisses me harder, his tongue tangling with mine. All i can think is that this is truly the definition of beautiful. His body, his lips, his eyes. His hands leave me, and i have a sense of longing, wanting him to touch me all over again. I feel hot, and look up to see that's he's undoing his pants.

I panic. The drunk guy in the alley.

"Lyla? Are you okay?" His soft voice brings me back to reality.

"Y-yeah." I stutter, embarrassed that i ruined the moment.

Patrick swears at himself, throwing on his shirt again. "I should've asked before I....." he gestures towards the bed im on.

"No! I mean i w-want to." I stutter again, making it obvious i felt uncomfortable.

But i want him so bad.

"I think we should just go to sleep." Patrick shakes his head, angry at himself.

No. He's not the fucking drunkard in the alley that assaulted me. He's Patrick.

"No." I whisper.

I press myself against him, and kiss him. I kiss him harder then I've ever kissed before, pure need in my eyes. His hands instinctively touched my bare back, holding me. My hands lift up his shirt, and travel to his pants. I undo his belt, and back onto the bed.

"Are you sure?" Patrick hesitates.

"Yes." I whisper, the word barely audible.

And i am, sure. I'm not broken anymore. Patrick has made me stronger than ever, and I need him.

"I'm sure." I say louder, and he crawls on top of me.

His weight felt good on top of me, and together, we became one.