Chapter 40

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

I get off of the plane, and i know exactly where to go.

She's waiting for me, the door open. Her anxious eyes dart from side to side, but i know she cannot see.

"Lyla." I hug her, picking her up.

"Oh my gosh." She's surprised, but she hugs me back.

I kiss her. I cant help it, but i press her against the door, my hands finding her waist. Her hands instinctively cup the back of my neck, and she kisses me back.

"You're back." She says in between kisses.

I don't answer. I just want to taste her, feel her. I want more, but she breaks away.

I growl, and she chuckles.

"Only one night before i leave, Pat." She sighs.

I take her hand, and roll the suitcase next to the couch.

"I know. We'll be just fine. You'll be back in no time." I whisper in her ear, and she giggles.

"I shouldn't be so happy right now, but with you... i cant help but laugh." She giggles again, and my heart yearns for more.

"Lyles." I whisper, averting my eyes to her already pink lips.

"Hmm?" She smiles.

I kiss her again, but very softly. Its slow and light, and i feel my heartbeat quicken. I need her. She tangles her fingers in my hair, and she presses harder.

"Why do you do this to me?" I say breathless.

She answers with a small sigh, leaning into my chest.

I could kiss her forever. He small hands grip my shoulders, as i kiss her jaw.

"Stop." She says.

I grunt, but stop. I want this so bad.

"I can't..." she pauses.

"I can't see." She says.

"It doesn't matter." I say, cutting her off with kisses. She groans, her voice sending shivers up my spine. She gives in, and i kiss her for what feels like an eternity.

"Patrick, i don't want to go, i really don't want to go." She hugs me tight.

I hug her back, staying so still. Her hair smells good, and i breathe deeply. "You have to try." I tell her.

She nods, but she still hangs on to me.

"I promise you, I'll be with you until very second that plane leaves the ground." I speak over her shoulder.

"Yes." She agrees, never loosening her grip on me.

She falls asleep.

I watch her sleep, and i know that i will miss her so much.

She'll be back before i know it. I tell myself.

She sniffles softly, and i turn my attention back towards her.

She's crying.

I watch as a tear rolls down her cheek, then another. She doesn't even move.

I wipe them away, and hold her in my arms. She's safe with me.

That night i didn't get much sleep. I stayed up, just watching her.

** The next morning **

"Hummph." I grunt as Lyla stirs in her sleep.