Chapter 50

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

I had a brilliant idea.

A few days ago, Sam had called Lyla to tell her he was going to propose to Laura. We were going to help plan the proposal, and it was a total surprise.

My job was to lure Mr.Wes out of the apartment, which was no problem. I needed to talk to him about Lyla moving in. We're sitting at a dinner table in fancy restaurant at the moment.

"So, I've been meaning to ask you something." I tell him.

I've noticed that he's got eye bags and dark rims under his eyes. He didn't take Lyla's eyesight not coming back too well.

"Yes?" He clears his throat.

"As you know, Sam's settling down. I just really want to take care of Lyla. I want to be there for her. We're thinking of possibly moving in together." I say the last part as a statement, not a question.

"What?" Lyla's dad gapes at me."You're moving too fast. I understand that you may think you love her, but you won't be able to handle it. She's blind, Patrick. You'll need to take in lots of consideration about that. You're not ready, and you might never be."

I suck in my breath, and slowly let it out. I need to calm myself before i talk to him.

"No." I say finally.

"What?" Lyla's dad asks.

"I don't think that I love her, i do love her. You're tired, Mr.Wes. You've been raising two kids on your own, and you've been doing so well despite the problems that have surfaced. It's time you pass Lyla on. I can take care of her."

"I....." he trails off, obviously baffled by what i had said.

"I've discussed this with her. We're just moving in together, nothing more." I confirm.

"Everything's moving too fast!" He suddenly says louder.

"No, it's not." I say, "I've known Lyla for half a year now. I've taken care of her, i know what she needs. Please." I feel like I'm trying too hard, but i really want this.

"She's only twenty four." He says, but even he's sounding weak. 

"Exactly. She's twenty four. It's time. You won't be alone, we'll always be there when you need it." I tell him softly.

He's a tough man, he's been through a lot. I respect him as a father, as a person.

"I don't want to let her go." He finally says.

"I know. There has to be a time where you have to let her go. I'll be there for Lyla."

He looks at me reluctantly, and then fixes his stare on his drink that suddenly seems interesting to him.

"I'll talk to Lyla." He says, "But if anything goes wrong, if you hurt her? You'll be sorry." His voice is gravelly.

"I'd never hurt her." Was all i said.

A/N: I'm insanely proud of all my boys. We fought back 3-1 down in a series, and we should all be happy (: Congrats to L.A. and New York! I'll still be watching the SCF series!