Chapter 63

*Lyla's P.O.V.*

Today's the big day... Sam's wedding.

Seeing my brother so in love and so happy warms my heart. He deserves Laura, and she deserves Sam.

"Patrick, wake up." I nudge his shoulder, "Laura's downstairs, we have to get ready."

Pain shoots through my head, and i cringe.

"Hey." Patrick sounds worried, "You okay?"

I nod, shaking it off. It doesn't feel like I'm dying. In fact, it feels like my head is.... working.

"I'm good." I say after sitting down a while, "Lets go."

We make our way down to the lobby where Laura's blasting country music from her car.

I laugh, knowing it's her without even needing to see.

"She has the perfect reason to be that happy." I smile.

"She does." Patrick agrees.

"Hey!" Laura wraps me in a hug, "What took you guys so long? The salon is calling to us!" She says dramatically.

"Lyla was feeling a bit down." Patrick says.

"I'm perfectly fine now." I quickly clear up.

Patrick leads me to the backseat, and helps me in. He gets in on the other side, sitting next to me. He rests his hand on my thigh, warming me in the cold December morning.

We arrive at the salon, Patrick leading me up the flight of stairs.

"Where's Sam?" I ask.

"It's unlucky to see the groom before." Laura tells me patting my arm.

"I miss him." I say.

I used to see Sam everyday, but now that I've moved in with Patrick, we only talk on the phone.

"I know. But you'll see him soon." Laura says happily.

I mean i won't see him...

"Lyla, we got a special makeup artist for you." Laura leads me away from Patrick.

"Isn't Pat coming?" I ask.

"No, silly. He has to go with the rest of the guys." A voice I've never heard of says.

"Lyla, this is Cynthia. You can call her Cindy. She'll be doing your hair, makeup, and she'll get you picture perfect." Laura chirps.

"Alright." I say suddenly feeling tired.

Laura walks away, leaving me alone with Cindy.

"So," Cindy says, "You can't see at all?" She asks quietly.

Usually i don't like to talk about that, but she seems okay.

"I can see light." I tell her.

"That's good i guess."

"I guess." I say awkwardly.

A few moments of awkward silences pass by, and then i feel her cold bony hands on my arms.

"You're very beautiful." She says.

"Thank you." I say.

"Let's make you stunning, shall we?"

I laugh, the mood lightening up.

"We shall."

Cold fingers expertly undid my braided long hair.

"Laura wants curls." She explains.

I quickly shy away.

"Is it possible that it's no heat? I don't want to damage it before donating it." I run my fingers through my smooth hair.

"Hmm." Cindy thinks.

"I mean i guess it's okay if you don't have anything else..." I don't want to be bratty.

"No no, i think we'll make do with beachy waves. Let's wash your hair and then fishtail it. The curls will look natural."

Now that she's talking more, i hear a slight accent. I can't tell what it is though.

"Take a shower, alright? Shampoo is on your left, conditioner your right. Soap is the bar on the right. Will you be okay?" Her accent is nice to listen to.

"Yes, thank you." I give her a smile for the first time.

"You're very pretty when you smile." She places a towel in my hands.

I blush, and step in the shower without saying anything back.

The soap is rough, working it's way into my body getting all the grit out. By the time I'm in my bathrobe and out of the shower, my skin is the smoothest it's ever been. I feel like I'm glowing.

"Will you be able to wear heels?" I hear Cindy yell from another room.

"Um, yeah sure." I call back.

I feel naked, standing in the middle of the room in just a bathrobe and a towel.

Just then, searing pain hits me right in the back of my head. It's so unexpected, I crouch down.

I hear screams in so much pain, i turn around to see where they're coming from. It takes me a second to realize the screams were mine.

"Lyla?" In a flash Cindy is next to me.

"Please get Pat." I manage to get out.

"Oh my god." Cindy's voice is so fearful, i get even more scared.

I'm not dying.

I can feel it. It feels like there are gears in the back of my head, trying to work.

"Lyla oh my god, don't scare me."

Patrick's familiar voice enters the room as his even more familiar arms carry me from off the floor.

I stand upright, leaning into his strong body.

"I can't breathe." I choke, the tears coming.

"Get her water." Patrick orders someone.

"Shh, sweet Lyles. I'm here. You'll be okay." His arms are secure around me, the only thing holding me up.

Suddenly, the pain increases, and i grit my teeth.

I close my eyes, and open them again.

I can't do anything about the pain, it's working it's way all over my head, my face.

Tears well up from the pain, and i blink. I keep blinking, and opening and closing my eyes.

"Oh my god." I whisper.

There are colours. I can see blurs.

"What?" Patrick asks, "What, Lyla?"

I ignore him, closing my eyes again. My head works, and i concentrate so hard. I want this.

I open my eyes, and the first thing i can see in front of me are Patrick's blue eyes.

I can see them. Perfect, clear, concerned, scared blue eyes.

"I can see you, Pat."

A/N: This is the last chapter... an epilogue coming up, and that's it! It's been such a journey with all of you.