Chapter 13

*Lyla's P.O.V.*

Ding!

The door pinged, signaling our entry into the almost empty store.

All of these higher quality stores Patrick took me to are amazing. Large, beautiful, and amazing service.

We've gone into three stores now, this being the fourth.

"How about this?" Patrick picks out a long, red dress with no straps.

I giggle, "red isn't really my colour."

I almost NEVER giggle. Patrick just makes me a little light headed -- in a good way?

No, it could just be from my head wound.....i rub my temples subconsciously.

"Does your head still hurt, Lyles?" Patrick furrows his eyebrows worried.

I smiled at 'Lyles', "Nah, it's good."

"Do you need any help?" A clerk with the highest, tightest bun compiled at the top of her head, walked towards us.

I was about to say, 'no thank you.' But i guess Patrick had other plans.

"Yes please. We would like to find my friend a formal dress for a gala." He smiled at the clerk, making her blush.

Is he flirting with her?

"Right this way. We have tons of formal dresses that are short. You have long legs, so a shorter dress would compliment them." She lead me to a rack of clothes, the pastel colours pulling me in.

"These are beautiful." I ran my fingers through the soft, flowing fabric.

I flip over the price tag, and nearly faint. What the heck?

$400.00 for one dress?

"It's on me." A soft whisper tickled my neck.

"No." I protest, trying not to smile.

My heart thumped against my chest, my cheeks growing hot. His face is inches from mine.

I cannot be falling for this boy.

"Don't come in the store if you cant afford it." The clerk smirks.

Patrick shot her a dirty look, which conpletley shut her up.

I picked out a few dresses, all of them knee lenghth. I picked out three colours, pink, peach, and lavender.

"Come out after each dress. I want to see it." Patrick smiles, showing off his pearly whites.

I close the change room door softly, leaning my back on the door.

I close my eyes.

I feel like I'm falling, every step i take. It's been so long since I've felt this way.

I strip off my jeans and tee shirt, and slip on the lavender dress.

I spin around in the spacey change room, the fabric flowing.

Hmm. Lavender makes me look too pale.

I step out of the change room, and bite my lip.

"Hmmm." Patrick thinks, eyeing me curiously. "It looks good."

Good?

Okay, this dress is NOT the one. I need to be wearing something that makes him speechless.

I try on dress after dress, none of them perfect. I'm exhausted.

I walk back into my change room, and the last dress lies there, limp on it's hanger.

I slip the silky, chifonny fabric over me, and struggle with the zipper.

"Patrick? Could you......?" I hold the dress up, and Patrick slowly walks over to the change room.

He carefully brushes my hair away from the zipper, his fingers warm against my skin.

"There." He zips the dress, his hands lingering on my back for a second.

I turn around, and smile.

This is the one. The soft pink brings out my eyes, giving them a light green tint. My cheeks grow hot, and i turn to face Patrick.

Patrick stares back at me, his eyes wandering.

"Lyla...." Patrick breathes my name, making it sound as beautiful as ever.

My heart aches, and my finger tips tingle.

I know this feeling.

I know this feeling for sure, and i know what it is.

Im falling in love.