Chapter 25

*Lyla's P.O.V.*

"Oh, that looks great!" Chaunette stands back admiring my dress.

"What did I say? Patrick's a lucky guy." Alex smiles.

I laugh, standing in front of the two dressed up girls.

"Do you guys really think he likes me?" I tilt my head to the side.

Chaunette's mouth opened.

"Yes. It's obvious. I've been around Pat forever, and this is the most serious I've seen him."

Chaunette is one of the cutest, most innocent girl I've ever seen.

I'm the oldest out of all of them, yet Alex seems very mature.

"Hair and makeup!" Chaunette jumps excitedly.

"Oh god," i groan, "i cannot do hair and makeup for my life." I sigh.

"I'll do your makeup!" Chaunette rummages through her bag.

"I'll do your hair!" Alex grins and claps her hands.

I laugh. These two.

And they were not wrong. Chaunette did my makeup professionally, and Alex could do just about any hairstyle I picked out from a magazine.

In turn, they did each others hair and makeup, me sitting here helplessly.

Alex had her hair up in a bun, loose strands framing her neck. Her makeup was more natural, and it made her look really good.

Chaunette's makeup was a little brighter than Alex's, her lips pink. Her hair was in a side french braid thing that Alex so expertly twisted up.

My makeup. It was natural, not even covering the light freckles on my nose. I already had on eyeliner, and Chaunette had put on a bit of eye shadow. My lips were pink, and i liked the moisture of it. It felt just like lip balm. Alex had put my hair in a half updo thing with my long hair cascading down my back.

They looked beautiful.

"Can i come in?" A very impatient anxious Andrew knocked on the door.

"I swear, i never know where this guy is." I say laughing.

"Come in!" Alex pushes open the door.

Andrew stares at Chaunette, mouth wide open.

Chaunette giggles, twirling. "Speechless?"

Andrew nods, the glimmer in his eyes brighter than usual.

They're really cute.

"No one ever seems to invite me to your room..." Jonathan walks in, his turn to gasp at Alex.

Alex smiles, looking back at Jonathan with such intimacy. Those two are so in love.

"Where's Pat?" I ask, suddenly wanting him to walk in.

"I'm right h--" Patrick drops his jaw, and his blue eyes seemed to be melting me.

"Woah." He breathes.

"Woah, yourself." I smile shyly, feeling my cheeks grow warm.

He smiles, sitting next to me on Alex's bed. The other two couples are sitting on the carpet.

"Your dad doesn't really hate me, does he?" Patrick's eyebrows knit together.

"He doesn't trust you. But whatever." I don't feel like talking about him right now.

"It's not whatever! I need your Dad's approval. I'll show him i can take care of you." Patrick kisses my temple.

"Yeah, you show him!" Andrew whoops.

Patrick throws his head back laughing, then kisses my neck, burying his face deep into my hair.

"Oh, get a room." Jonny mutters jokingly.

Patrick only smiles, placing light kisses on my neck.

"Keep the PDA to a minimum, will ya?" Alex laughs.

Patrick shrugs, his hand finding mine.

The six of us just talked and laughed, as if i had been apart if their group forever.

"Man, it's already six." Alex plops tiredly into her beanbag chair.

"Already? We have to get going soon..." i glance at Patrick's clothes.

"Right." His hands linger on mine for a second, then he rushes off to change.

He looks so handsome in a suit, my legs go weak.

"I'm hot, aren't I?" He winks walking out.

"You wish." I smirk.

"You love it." He whispers.

And i do.

I turn my back, not letting him see my flushed cheeks.

"Ready to go!" Andrew skips out the front door.

"Lyla and I will go in one car, you guys can take the van." Patrick offers.

Hmmm, he wants to get me alone? That's sweet of him.

"Nah, it's okay, you can ride with Jonny!" Andrew says excitedly.

"No, it's okay, Lyla and I will ride together." He grits his teeth, trying to get Andrew to understand.

"Ohhhhhh, i see." Andrew winks, and i blush.

They seem to get the message because they all left in a hurry, giving us playful looks.

As soon as they leave, Patrick leads me to the couch.

He looks intently into my eyes, and those blues get to me again. Tonight, they're glassy and clear.

He reaches his hand out, cupping my cheek. I swing my leg over onto Pat's leg, and his other hand casually rests on my thigh. The burning sensation from where he touches me spreads like fire, and I feel insane.

"Patrick." I murmur, closing my eyes.

He carefully tilts my chin up, and kisses my neck. Very soft and light, as if I'm about to break, he reluctantly lets go.

"Why'd you stop?" I whisper.

"We need to go." He smiles satisfied, letting go of my leg.

We make our way to the car, not saying anything. We didn't NEED to say anything.

We both know exactly how we felt in that moment.

A/N: Again, i will not be updating as often so here's a two chapter treat! Upcoming is the Gala!