Chapter 29

*Lyla's P.O.V.*

Patrick pulls up to my building, and I see Daniel waiting in the lobby.

"See? I told you Daniel would come to his senses." I smile at Pat, but he doesn't return it.

"How long has he been waiting there?" Patrick asks.

I shrug, then check my phone my eyes going wide.

"Oh man. Alright I'll see you later Pat, i have to talk to Daniel." I quickly shut the door, not giving him a chance to question me.

"Dan?" I walk up from behind him.

"Oh my god, Lyla." He wraps me in a huge bear hug, his hair disheveled and cheeks blotchy.

"Dan, what's wrong." I hug him back, patting his back.

"Your dad called me saying you never returned home last night after a party." He says quietly.

"Shit. I didn't tell him. Dan, i didn't check my phone, it was late, my battery was only half full. It's just that being with Patrick ....it makes me forget about everything else." I smile unintentionally, and he scowls.

"A party, huh? Before Patrick, you and I would sit at home laughing at how parties were nothing more than horny girls and drunk guys looking to get laid." Daniel laughs, but the sound was nowhere near happy.

I suddenly feel annoyed. "What's your problem? I'm happy, can't you see that? The party was nothing like that. You're just a jealous dumbfuck." I turn away from him, and he grabs my arm.

"You would never swear." He says, "You would never speak to me like this." His grip tightens on my arm.

"It hurts." I hiss, yanking my arm away.

Daniel's eyes clear, and he let's my arm go quickly.

"I think this is done. You're a different person now." He shakes his head.

He's completely right. I'm a whole other person. Patrick made me realize who i am, and this is the real me.

"But i like it." I say softly. "He's made me forget everything I'm so afraid of. I'm not weak anymore, I'm not quiet. He's finally given me a chance to start over."

Daniel nods, his eyes masking something else. "Fine. But don't you think this changes anything. I'll never be able to touch you the same, feel you the same. You're with a fucking ladies man, a fucking man whore." He says bitterly.

My cheeks grow hot, as I try to hold in my anger.

I slap him.

The slap stings my hand, as he looks at me with wide eyes.

"You're unbelievable." I whisper, and walk straight out the door.

I wipe away hot tears, as they fall from my eyes. The guy who I thought was my closest friend ever, just gives up like this?

He's such an idiot. He deserved that slap! A fucking ladies man? No! Patrick isn't like that.

I find myself in a bar. How the hell did i even get here? Stumbling around blindly, I find a table.

I gesture for a drink, and the bartender serves me up.

"Alone?" The bartender smirks.

"Yeah....Ty." i see his name on the tag he's wearing right on his muscular chest.

"Don't you have anything better to do at eleven AM in the morning?" He asks, giving me a lopsided grin.

"No. I don't work." I lied.

I'm not about to tell this guy my life story, i barely know him.

"Figures. You only look about twenty. What's your name?" He walks around the counter and sits next to me.

"Rebecca." I say the first name that pops into my head.

"Rebecca." The name rolls smoothly off his tongue.

I nod, and take a shot. The warm liquid surprises me, and the burning sensation down my throat allows me to forget about Daniel.

"More." I choke out.

Ty brings me more liquor, and i drink.

I feel hot. And dizzy.

"More." I slur.

"Rebecca, you okay? Do i need to call anyone to pick you up?" Ty asks uncertain.

"More." I whisper, placing the glass on the table.

"Okay, that's it I'm calling someone. Who's your boyfriend?" He winks.

"Patriiick?" I say. I'm so dizzy i feel like I'm spinning.

Ty reaches over, and for a second i think he's going to touch me. I'm slow because of the alcohol, but it's okay since he's just taking my phone.

I see him dial a number, and my eyes feel heavy. I slump down in my seat, eyes already closing.

Sleep. The best rememdy is sleep. I remember when i just used to stay in bed, not even going to school. It was almost as if i had no life left in me-- like i was dead.

"Lyla. Lyla!" Someone shakes me shoulders, and I force my eyes open.

"Patrick?" I mumble.

"Yeah. What happened? Are you okay? And why does that guy keep calling you Rebecca?" Patrick's questions flowed rapidly, the alcohol not giving it a chance to sink in.

"Huh." I say stupidly.

"Why are you so drunk?" Patrick finally asks.

Suddenly, i break down. I start making a choking noise, and Pat's arms enclose me.

"Shhh, shh sweet Lyles, I'm here." Patrick holds me, stroking my hair.

"Daniel's a fucking bastard. I don't want to ever see that idiot again. He doesn't even get me anymore. Best friends my ass." I start to babble, and reach for another drink.

I down the whole shot, the liquid making me forget things again.

"Lyla? Don't drink." Patrick plucks the glass out of my fingers with ease, and places it on the table.

"More." I mumble, leaning into him. I bury my face into his chest, tears staining his shirt.

"No." He whispers.

"Yes." I whine.

He looks down at me with such understanding, i take a moment to just look at him.

"Fine. For every shot you take, I'll take one with you." He says seriously.

"Fine." I say stubbornly.

A take a shot, he takes a shot. I drink a whole glass in one gulp, so does he.

I feel drunk off my ass, and I'm just laughing and kissing Patrick.

How did i ever get myself into this mess? I used to be....a good girl.

I hiccup, swaying slightly. Patrick grabs my hips to steady me, making me feel warm.

"We need to go home." He says.

I nod, leaning into his strong chest.

He doesn't seem as drunk as I do, but his cheeks are still red.

Everything becomes hazy.

"Don't drive." It takes almost all my strength to just lift my head and say this.

"No, i can drive." He gives me a tight smile, grabbing my waist and leading me to the car.

I sit next to him in the front, and close my eyes. I feel myself drift off, as Patrick drives steadily.

A/N: Surprise for you guys in the next chapter... hmm... bad surprise? or good surprise? Make your guess!  (: