Chapter 54

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

I stare at my Lyla sleeping on the couch, her face relaxed. I hate to disturb her sleep, but it's time for the skate.

"Lyles." I whisper, "wake up." I nudge her shoulders.

"Urfhgd." She stirs in her sleep, kicking away the blanket.

Man, i hate to do this.

"WAKE UPPPPPP!" I yell.

"Ahh!" Lyla jumps up from the couch.

I smirk triumphantly, and Lyla chuckles softly.

"Jeez, Pat." She rubs her neck. "Is it time already?" She asks.

"Yeah." I grin, "Keep warm, sweet Lyles. I hope you can skate."

"I knew how to skate," she puts the emphasis on 'knew', "But that was before i became blind." She sighs unhappily.

"Don't worry." I assure her, "I'll be right beside you, leading you. I won't let you fall."

"You better not." She jokes lightly.

With ease, she gets on skinny jeans, a knitted sweater, a scarf and her puffy jacket.

"Here." I place a Blackhawks beanie in her hand.

"A hat?" She feels the fabric.

"Yep." I make my way to her and help her put it on. "There." I say, straightening out her long hair.

We drive to the UC in the same car as Jonny and Alex, those two lovebirds in the backseat.

"Tazer, Kaner!" Sharpy greets us right when we arrive in the rink.

"Alex!" Chaunette embraces Alex right away. "Lyla." Chaunette hugs Lyla, but lighter and more careful as if Lyla was very fragile.

"Let me introduce you to the team, Lyles." I take her arm and pull her into the locker room.

"Sharpy, Leddy, Keith?" I call out the first three guys i see, and automatically every guy in the room had their attention fixed on Lyla and I.

"This is Lyla, my girlfriend. Some of you had met her before, but this is her now. Lyla, this is the team." I hold her hand, encouraging her.

The team says their hello's, and Lyla seems very happy to be meeting them.

The team and their families start to get ready to get on the ice. I lace up my skates, and turn to Lyla.

"Let me help you." I help her tie up her figure skates, lacing them on the hooks. "There you go." I smile.

"Thank you." She says, a blush starting to warm up her cheeks.

"Why are you blushing?" I smirk.

"I... uh, nothing. You're very gentle with me, that's all." She smiles shyly.

"Yeah. I dont want to lose you is all." I try to sound casual even though I'm speaking right from my heart.

"I really love you." She says, leaning on my arm for support.

"I love you too." I kiss her temple.

"Let's skate, baby!" Jonny waves us on the ice, and the guys join him.

"Careful." I lead Lyla to step over the block from between the ice and the boards.

"Oh." Lyla grips my hand.

"Here." I pull her arm under mine, and she grips onto my arm instead. "Just skate. I'll lead you." I promise.

She skates on, and she's not a bad skater.