Chapter 5 - Claire

Year 1992

(Arhellia Alcocer)

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa, IT HURTS!" A young woman in her early 20's screamed in agony.

"It's okay, your gonna be alright, Miss. Alcocer. I need you to give another 2 more pushes!" A doctor said. Helping the poor woman deliver her 1st baby.

"1...2.....3...push!!" The doctor yelled

The woman with all her might pushed and pushed..

"There you go, keep going, your going a good job sweety!" The doctor said with encouragement for the young mother.

The woman gave another painful push. Soon after the a scream filled the room, a newborn child was finally born.

"Yes, you did it Miss. Alcocer, it's a healthy girl!" The doctor said with much joy and happiness.
Glad to know the whole deliver was a success. Until a sudden Miss. Alcocer gave an ear piercing scream. Not understanding why the new mom was screaming at first then it came to his thoughts.

"Shit, she's been caring twins!?" The doctor panicked.
Immediately he handed the 1st twin to one of the nurses to be clean and weighted, then went to work on helping Miss. Alcocer with her 2nd baby. He was caught off guard with the 2nd baby. He was certain the woman was only caring 1 baby not 2. It even showed on the sonogram. How could the machine not have picked it up?

"Aaaaaaaaaaaa, a.....another one!!?" Miss Alcocer screamed once again in pain.
She wasn't expecting twins. It didn't show on her ultrasound images, how, hidden twin? Not that she was complaining except being in alot of labor pains, contractions were a bitch though. Arhellia thought.

"Push, Miss. Alcocer, push!" The doctor instructed her. The woman complain by pushing, and pushing.

"Alright stop pushing, take a breath!" The doctor said.

Arhellia did as told. This is taking a toll on her....it push feels as if though she's fading, how long can she take? This pain is unbearable! She must live ... continual is just a bit longer to see her child well children before she left. Something in her mind told her that she wasn't going to make it out of this. But no matter she thought just got to keep going on until her time Runs Out.

She knows something a doctor doesn't know. She's stricken with cancer since her first stages of her pregnancy she had her options then coming with 2 choices, 1 choosing to abort  her pregnancy and find a cure going to chemotherapy or 2 continuing with the pregnancy and died after birth. She refused to end her pregnancy, she just couldn't it wasn't in her all her life she's always wanted to be a mother but it just wasn't fair that she couldn't live long enough to be with them raise them hear them call her mom see them walking it just wasn't fair she thought. Tears filling her eyes.

"There we go, one more push!"

"Get ready, 1....2......3, PUSH!" The doctor yelled.

Aaaaaaaaaaa! Arhellia screamed one last time.

Another baby's cry filled the room. Everyone gasp in relief.
The doctor moved by happiness held the child close to him. Soon all that happy feeling went away when his eyes laid on the 2nd child. The child was another girl, but sadly was dead.......a stillborn child in his arms....sadness filled his heart. He looked at the Arhellia who looked at the doctor with tiredness in her eyes. Her skin color was pale.

Arhellia POV.

"Doctor, I don't have long. I please ask you to care for my girls.....they're all that's left of m-me.....look after them....p-promise m-mm-me?" She said with dying breath, tears rolling down her cheeks. Her final moment has come.

"C-count on me. Arhellia." The doctor said with sorrow in his voice. He felt a knot growing in his throat...like he wanted to break down, but can't allow himself to, as a doctor it wasn't allowed. However he will most certainly take in the only surviving child of Arhellia. His close child hood friend.

"T-thank....y-you, Ulrick.....g-good..b-bye...she said with her final breath....then she left. Without knowing that one made it and the other died at birth..along with her.

--------------------------------------------------

Ulrick's POV.

I'm sorry, Arhellia. He let out a few tears that couldn't be containedany longer rolled down.

After hanging the stillborn child to one of the nurses that were in the room with me. I quickly checked on the first twin that made it. I felt grateful she made it....though still the feeling of his child good friend passing away before his eyes was still fresh in his mind...saddness was all his heart felt. Why, why did she had to die?

"What went wrong?" He said with sorrow and exhaustion in his voice.  His eyes laid on the baby that was bundle up in a light blanket, along with a pink small beanie. He smiled a little. He went to close and picked up the new born child, who was wide eye awake, coowing. Holding her close to his chest in a protective fatherly affection way . Wow. Being a father..even though the child wasn't his, no matter, she's his responsibility now. He'll honor Arhellia's last wishes.

"So, what shall we call you beautiful?" Ulrick said wondering what to name her.

"I think, yeah, how about Claire how does that sound?" He said.
The child in his arms gave him a smile. Ulrick smile kissing her tiny forehead. Seeing the child first smile brought him such grate joy. He laughed a little too.

"Alright, then Claire it is, i promise I'll never let any bad happen to you. Claire." He said.

--------------------------------------------------

Well there you go that's it for chapter 5 I hope I didn't make any of you guys cry because I made myself cry LOL but let me know what you think and if I made in a mistake let me know bye.