4: The Investment

I had been skeptical at first – wondering if my grandfather would loan 10 million dollars to a child. Anyone knowing the situation would believe it was a lost loan. Anyone would good sense would never consider for a second to loan a child 10 million dollars. Anyone would common sense would laugh at the child for asking for such things. But true to his honor, grandfather's main secretary called me with the account information to access 10 million dollars. 

Relieved by the funds, I immediately went to work. It took me a while to find legal representatives whom was able to overlook my age and handle the constraints of my investments. It took me even longer to find trustworthy accounting firm to handle the money I have. But the biggest challenge was to keep everything under wrap from my parents and society. In order to accomplish in the investment I made, it importance to keep my identity and age a secret.

Since I'm reliving the next six years, I already have a long line of trades and events that would make profitable investments. If everything was like before, in a mere year, not only will I return 20 million to James Lind, I would be a full blown multi-millionaire before I turn 16. Yes, I am cheating – but why fight a gift given to me? My goal is to live exactly how I want to – carefree. And to live care free with no one to answer to – money should never be an issue. 

Born in a world of elites, I knew how important it was to have money. And because I was young, I have to depend on my parents – my family name for everything. Food, clothes, education, and so on – because I'm a child with no power and money, all those things were given to me. But nothing in life is free. Because my parents gave me everything, I depend on them for everything. And because I depend on them, everything I do has to be within their expectation and rules. If I don't do what they want – be what they want, they would simply cut off the source – money. 

I didn't want the vicious cycle to repeat. I will not walk that destructive path and be chain to my parents' will. I can't live in my sister shadows again – doing the exact things she does only to be loss in her light. I don't want to live the same life, doing the same thing, and having the same desperate feelings. 

I want to find myself – searching for my worth and potential. Even if in the end I were to fail, I will not regret it because it's the path I've chosen. I want to search for my own happiness. This time, I want to live a fulfilling life. 

And I will start this life with the 10 million dollar investment.