53: Why?

I almost made it to my car when my arm was grabbed by Eli Frye. I would have been surprised by it if it didn't happened once before.

"What do you want?"

My anger was beginning to burn. I wanted to be alone - to calm myself before it consume me. Why did he have to follow me? Why won't he let me go?

"Where are you going?"

"To class" I tried to pull out of his iron grip.

"Why are you angry?"

His calm tone was like water to oil. I yanked my arm away so hard from his gripped that I almost fell back.

"Why am I angry? I'm angry because you won't leave me alone!"

Seeing those violet eyes on me, studying me - I wanted to run.

"You're angry with me"

He stated calmly as if he understood. I hated it that he thinks he did. Unable to look at him anymore, I turned to my car. Again, Eli Frye took hold of my now bruised arm. I would have screamed when soft lips suddenly pressed down onto mine.

Stunned, I pushed him off me as quickly as his lips touched mine. And before I could stop myself, my hand had already made contact with his cheek. I glared up at him while my hand trembled with pain. Even though his cheek was red, he didn't look hurt. His eyes still focused on me.

"How dare you?" My voice shook with so much emotion. "How dare you!"

He didn't apologize. He didn't say anything as he reached out to touch my cheek. I would have slapped him again but he easily took hold of my hand.

"There is nothing between Rose and me"

Those were the same words he spoken to me once - right after I saw Rose kiss his cheek. The memories of their intimate moment made me pulled away like I've been burned.

"Nothing between Rose and you?" I wanted to laugh but only a tearless cry was heard. "You've been together for five years and you dare say there's nothing between you and my sister? You're engaged and you dare say there's nothing between you and Rose?"

I have felt many things for Eli Frye - love, admiration, and sorrow. Even though he never looked my way, I still respect him. But in that very moment, I hated Eli Frye.

"Do you take me for a fool?" I glared - hating myself for the uncontrollable tears. "Do you take my sister for a fool?"

It was only then that his expression showed concerned. He tried again to reach for me but I smack his hand away.

"Don't touch me" I warned him with cold eyes.

This time, he did not stop me as I got in my car and drove away.