26: An Unexpected Gift

It was early in the morning as I was sitting on the kitchen bar counter eating cereal. When the chime to my condo floor suddenly rung, I answered.

"Calla speaking" 

With voice monitor control, the system responded to the sound of my voice. It's one of those perks you get when you're a multi-millionaire. You can afford the best technology and condos out there in the market.

"Ms. Lind" The speaker filled the room and I recognized the security voice from the lobby floor. "There is a package for you from Mr. Eli Frye"

I almost choked on my cereal. Why would Eli Frye send me a package? 

"Shall we have someone bring it up to you or would you prefer to pick it up in the main lobby?"

"Please send it up"

"Yes ma'am"

Continuing to eat, I sat on the counter looking at the glass entrance in front of the wide elevator cab. Minutes later, the elevator cab chimed and opened. I set the cereal bowl aside and made my way to the entrance the same time the delivery man walked out the elevator. After I signed for the package, I took the box back into the kitchen counter. It was more than odd to have a package from Eli Frye and so I just stood there studying the unmarked cardboard brown box. 

When I finally found the courage to open it, I was speechless. Taking the Chanel purse out of the box, I didn't know what to think. Eli Frye had sent me a Chanel purse. As I process the reality before me, I was confused as hell. Why in the world would he send me a Chanel purse? Then I remember yesterday event. Was this because of that? Studying the purse, I hope to receive some kind of hidden answer. But the package didn't even come with a note or card. This is the first time I received a gift so randomly. Wait – I'm not even sure if it's considered a gift. Was this supposed to be compensation? Am I supposed to send a thank you card?

"This is so weird" I said to myself as I set the purse down on the counter.

Not that I didn't like the purse. The purse was the top of the line and the current season style. The deep violet and blue hue color on the lambskin was nice. What bothered me was that I didn't understand the reason for the purse.

"Wait" Something else hit me. "How does he know where I live?"

Aside from Alex, I never told anyone else where I lived. Not even my own family. Tilting my head to the side, I continued to study the purse.