21: Unknown and Recognition

Meanwhile, in the conference room, the group of men were still dumbfound at what had happened. The 18 years old girl comes and goes as if it was normal occurrence for her. Not only was she not intimidated by their verbal attacks, she was able to hold her grounds and spoke without fear. Even executives who are much older than her couldn't handle such pressure.

"Who was that young woman?"

Aaron Frye had been sitting among the board members and observed the young girl from the beginning to end in silence. Unlike others, he had been intrigue by the young woman who entered and left with such confidence. 

"To have found such an interesting consultant" Aaron smiled softly at James Lind. "To come up with an ingenious simple solution. It's quite impressive"

"You must be joking Aaron" Michael snorted – making it clear he did not like the girl. "We cannot take an unknown girl words seriously"

"Unknown girl..." James Lind was cold. "Do you not recognize your own daughter?"

Everyone in the room was stunned. The four young men of Aion were not surprised since they knew from the beginning who Calla Lind was.

"That girl_" Michael was shock to the core as he tried to recall Calla's face.

"Calla Lind" James casually leaned back in his chair as he observed his son. "Is it not that name of your daughter? Or have you forgotten?"

Michael Lind was mortified. In front of everyone, he had made a fool of himself as he opposed his own daughter. On top of that, he had let everyone know that he had not even recognize his own child. The truth was, he had completely forgotten about his 2nd daughter.

"My granddaughter has given her input" James Lind eyes were unreadable but his tone was steady and commanding like always. "Does anyone oppose to her idea?"

What made people at a loss for words was the fact that the cold man proclaimed Calla as his granddaughter – when he rarely acknowledge his own sons. Suddenly, everyone understood the girl's value to James Lind. No one dared to oppose.

"Eli Frye" James eyes went to the young man. "Lind Corp. will invest in your company only if you accept my granddaughter conditions."

James stood as Vic helped him with his silk suit jacket.

"Vic, handle the contracts"

The old man left after giving his orders.