14: Who Am I?

I arrived to the school campus and parked my car at the usual spot. The perks of having money is that you can get the finer things in life - that is a prime parking spot anywhere. Being the lazy person I am, I like to be able to park my Mercedes AMG with ease.

Stepping out of the car, I went to the trunk to grab my Hermes tote book bag before I head onto my linguistic class. I have been able to take online classes for the last 2 years due to grandfather's connection with the university president. Now that I'm of typical age to attend school, the president asked that I attend class normally. Grandfather agreed. My days continued on with me leisurely taking 1 or 2 classes a week. And because I only spend a few hours a week on campus, I haven't bond with any of my fellow peers. Should I be concern that I haven't made a single friend in college? Nope. I was not the social type to begin with.

On my way to class, I saw a small crowd gathering outside the technology building. Yale University has an infamous wall known as The Challenge Wall – which held written questions and answers. The wall was a one-way vision glass located in the main lobby of technology building. Anyone could write a challenge and anyone could answer to the challenge. Hundreds of questions were made each year, but only a handful was intriguing enough to be remembered. Inside the technology building, those handfuls of intriguing question and answer were engraved in the stone walls.

I stood within the crowd and watched the guy everyone recognized as Feng Li – a third year mathematics student. Feng Li is the nationally rank number 1 mathematics student. Hell, the guy already does consulting work for many high profile companies and government officials. It also helps that the guy is a total eye-candy – which is the main reason why the crowd is made up of mostly girls. Feng Li is the opposite of what you would think of a math geek. Tall, lean body with black hair and eyes, the guy is hot. The guy is popular in campus but strangely enough, he's always alone. Girls would pining after Feng Li, while the guys are too intimidated by him.

It was no surprise when the math genius solved the question on the glass wall. The question written was simply "Who am I?" follow by a math problem under it. Feng Li had easily answered the math problem. But the answer itself was strange. No one questioned if Feng Li answered it wrong. When it comes to numbers, it was impossible for the man to be wrong. This meant that only the first part of the cryptic question was solved.

Who am I? The question had arouse my interest from the beginning. Seeing Feng Li answer made increased my interest even more. Stepped out of the crowd, I walked over to Feng Li who was still studying his answer. Amused at the aloof man, I poked at his arm. When he turned to look at me, I lifted my hand for the marker he's holding. He handed to me without question.

With the marker in hand, I turned and wrote out the Greek consortium code chart. The math question was written in Greek form so I had figured to use Greek lettering. I was not a math genius by any means, but when it comes to language forms, I am well verse.

After I listed the numbers and corresponding Greek alphabet, the answer was for anyone to see. "AION" was the answer to the question. Aion was the Greek God of Eternity. Tilting my head to the side as I looked at the word, a sense of familiarity hit me.

There was an unsettling feeling within me. It felt as if I'm forgetting something very important. As I'm searching inside my memory bank, the sudden ringing of tower bell startled me. I look down at my wrist watch to see that it was 12 noon - and I was late to class. Handing the marker back to Feng Li, I rushed off.