12: The CEO

"So I heard the offer Lind Corp. gave you"

We were having lunch at Lily when I probe Alex about recent events.

"Did you?" He said noncommittally.

"I told grandpa he should have triple the amount if he wanted you to work for him"

"I'm not accepting anyone offer"

"Why not?"

"Why should I?" He countered.

"But it's a good offer, you'll_"

"You better not have sold him Allac" Alex cut me off sternly while setting his fork and knife down hard.

"Allac isn't for me to sell" 

He out a relieve sigh. Seriously, did he think I would sell Allac? I still have the investment side of the company that I'm undertaking. Selling the company will only put limitation to what I could invest in and I do not like having anyone looking over my shoulders when I do – especially my grandfather.

"Don't change the subject" I went back to the point. "Why won't you consider taking up on my grandfather's offer? You can be VP now and be in line for the President position in 10 years. It's a golden opportunity"

Now it's his turn to smirk at me.

"What?"

"I'm already CEO for Allac, why would I demote myself to VP for someone else"

"Demote...?"

His answer stupefied me. VP for the world class company Lind Corp. is equivalent or even better than many CEO positions. Although Allac is currently doing well – it's still considering a novice company. No one really knows how well it would do in the next 10 years or if it will still stand after 5 years. Lind Corporation, on the other hand, is a long standing first-class company for over 50 years and will be steady for many more decades ahead.

"It's not always about the money" He teased me as if he knew what was going on in my head.

"You just don't want to work under someone else" I made a face.

"Guilty" He laughed.

Seeing his laughter, I laughed too. Whatever his reason was, I felt happy that the man decided to stay on Allac and oversee the company. It would be troublesome for me to find a replacement as capable as he was.