Chapter 1: The Accident

This is the strange, wonderful, and at times painful tale of my rebirth.

A tv turns on in a house in the middle of Northwest Georgia, a teenage girl is sitting on the couch watching TMZ in the middle of August. On the tv Harvey is beginning an interview.

"Here in the TMZ studios we have renown criminal defense attorney Alex Sheridan who rose to fame in defending many young celebrity clients such as Lindsey Lohan, Amanda Bynes, Mel Gibson, Fifty Cent, and a long list of others."

"My best cases are the ones you never hear about," Alex says with a polished smile.

"I bet, I have heard many rumors that you have helped many of your clients including Robert Downey Jr. who may have fallen off the wagon recover and stay out of the press."

"RDJ is a dear friend, and as a proud geek, I am insulted that you would say such mean gossip. RDJ has been clean and sober for well over fifteen years. He is a hero to millions of children, and adults. I'd hate to sue TMZ one of my favorite shows, and website for slander."

"Alex you are good, and worth every penny, TMZ apologizes to you and RDJ for any implications."

"I heard that your mentor and partner Michael Sinclair, just died from cancer."

"It was a real shocker for us all, and extremely sudden, but the Sinclair, Sheridan Talent and Defense Agency is still operating at full capacity, taking care of all of our clients' needs and recruiting the best and brightest for Hollywood. Michael will be greatly missed."

"How did your firm become both a criminal/civil defense powerhouse for the well to do, and the go to place for hot talent?"

"As you know Harvey, my late partner Michael made his bones in the 80's and 90's as a criminal defense attorney, but was getting burned out, he however didn't want to completely get out of that field so he recruited me right out of our mutual alma matter Harvard, and groomed me to be the courtroom juggernaut that I am now. Then Michael expanded the firm to recruiting talent which has become very lucrative."

"I heard a rumor that your firm is doing an open call talent search tomorrow in Atlanta, at the World Congress Center from 10 am until 4 pm."

"Thanks, Harvey, you're right we are. This is open for any unsigned talent that wants a shot. We are looking for singers, actors, musicians, models, if you are talented and want a shot at the big time then I want you. I want Hollywood to think of Sheridan and Sinclair when they want or need talent for any upcoming projects. As a matter of fact, I am leaving in an hour to meet a young singer named who has an amazing voice, and has a great You-Tube following in Atlanta. Hopefully I will be able to sign her, and have her first album on the shelves in six months."

"That sounds exciting Alex, good luck and thank you for taking a few minutes to talk to us."

"Anytime Harvey for you, and TMZ."

Across the country back in Northwest Georgia, "Lexi turn off that damn tv you're going to be late to your volleyball game."

"Mom, I just heard that there is an open call talent search in Atlanta tomorrow, can I go?"

"We will talk about it after your game, now let's go."

A little more than Four hours later Alex Sheridan arrives in Atlanta at Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport and sees an old friend Wade Smith waiting for him.

"What are you doing here? I thought we were meeting up later after my business meeting."

Both Wade, and Alex give each other a firm man hug.