Chapter 33: RUN!!!

I don't look back because I am not coming back. Its time to move on, its time to get going. Goodbye Malone's thanks for everything.

It's amazing how much distance you can make on a bike at night. It helped that I had a full moon and there were plenty of streetlights. Plus, there was not a lot of traffic on the roads.

I made it to a Rome McDonald's around 5:30 am I got me a coffee and hotcakes and sausage. The cashier looked at me funny when I ordered the coffee. I have not had coffee since my accident. Mommy and Daddy don't allow us kids to drink it.

To me it's still weird to think of myself as a kid, but here I am a thirty-five-year-old man, in the body of a fourteen-year-old girl. Then again, while I have my old memories and intelligence, I am very much the kid I appear to be, with the temperament, likes, dreams. I am not sure anymore.

"Are you alright little girl?"

An elderly lady comes up to me and sits down with a few biscuits and two glasses of orange juice.

"I hope you don't mind, but you look like you need a friend to talk to" she says.

"Thank you Ma'am I am fine," I reply.

"Hush girl I can see you staring off with the weight of the world on your shoulders, here have some orange juice it has vitamin C its good for a growing girl like yourself."

"Sounds like something my Mommy would say."

"Where is she" the old lady asks?

"At home."

"Does she know that you are here?"

"Not exactly," I say through a mouth full of pancakes.

"Did you do something that you are not proud of?"

"Something like that."

"I take you ran away?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"Go ahead and drink the juice, I used to meet my granddaughter here every day for breakfast before she ran off to college."

I do so.

"Why did you run away? There is no way you could have done something that bad."

"I did. Boy did I ever."

"Tell me about it" she says gently.

I take a sip of the orange juice.

"I helped get my teacher sick to the point that she would have to leave teaching. She was a horrible mean teacher. I also framed my big brother for a prank against my baby sister. Now because of that none of my brothers or sisters like me or want me around, and my parents have that awful disappointment look on their faces."

"So, you left because of that" she asks shocked at what I said?

"Yes, I don't stay where I am not welcomed."

"You are such a foolish child. I take it your parents punished you for your misdeeds?"

"Yeah, I got a major spanking, and was grounded."

"So, you ran away because you got a spanking and grounded?"

"No, I'm used to that. I ran because nobody loves me anymore. I ran because they would be better off without me. I cause a lot of trouble for my family. I don't mean to, and I've been sick a few times which has cost my parents money, money they didn't have. My Mommy has to get a different job because of me. She has to leave a job she loves to find one that pays more."