Chapter 14: My Marriage to Liam...ish

When we got home from church Mom had all three of us sit down and do the little bit of homework we had to do which did not take us too long.

"Girls I want all three of you to go take a nap. I don't want any fussing..."

All three of us hug Ma at the same time. "Thank you, Ma, I thought you were going to force us to go to youth group today. I really need a nap."

I lead my sisters to our bedroom and we all strip to our panties and then climb into our beds and crash. Ma lets us sleep for a good six hours before coming to wake us up for dinner.

About halfway through dinner, Mark pipes, up "so do you guys think I could have a few friends over next Saturday, since it's my birthday?"

"Nice try son, your birthday isn't until the following Wednesday. But I thought you were too old for birthday parties. Isn't that what you told us last year" Dad asked sarcastically.

"Come on Dad" Mark pleads. Dad looks at Mom, "it's alright honey we have been planning something for a while, and I have spoken or emailed the parents of most of your friends," Mom says.

"Seriously Mom?"

Mom smiles and shakes her head yes. "It will be next Saturday."

Then Mark wanting to seem cool says "Thanks Mom and Dad you didn't have to do that."

Jen pipes in sounding a tad bratty. "That's not fair, what about Allie and me? We were supposed to have a party last month, but because of her accident you said we'd postpone it, but it has been like six weeks or so. When is, it going to be rescheduled?"

Mom and Dad have a highly-annoyed look on their faces.

I wanted to avoid this mess. "I don't need a party; I really don't have any friends, or like parties...I think."

Jen then whispers to me "one of the perks when we turn fourteen in this house is we get our own cell phone, but it is only given at the birthday party. Please, please, please back me up. I'm tired of being the only freshman without a phone."

"But, Jen is right if you promised then we should do it, it'll be fun, I hope. If the dumb jerk is getting a party, then it wouldn't be fair to us if we didn't at least get one."

"Who are you calling a dumb jerk, you idiot?"

"Yeah, I am the idiot who is tutoring her older brother in a class I have not even taken you moron!"

"Enough you two!" Dad barked.

Dad then takes a deep breath. "Honey why don't you tell the girls when their party is" with an evil smile on his face. I am sure I might not like it and I get the sense that Jen will hate it.

Mom smiles and looks at both of us. "Girls we will do your party next Saturday too..."

"Mom" Jen says cautiously like she's afraid of the answer, "so next Saturday we will have two birthday parties?"

"No, girls we will have one party for you two and your brother."

"Mom! That's not fair! I don't want to share a party with my little sisters...!" Mark complains as he emphases the word little.

Jen takes a different tactic. "Daddy I'm sure that this has been a big misunderstanding, I can't have my friends over with, with, Mark and his weird nerd friends..."

While my twin and older brother fuss and complain. I just eat more meatloaf and mashed potatoes, which are really good. Even if they weren't I was staying out of this.