Chapter 18: The Best Days Ever, Part 3: Punishment

Which is how the five of us ended up here in the Sheriff's office.

Deputy Andy comes to me "are you ready to start talking?"

"I want my Daddy, and besides that since you arrested us, reading us our Miranda rights, you are not allowed to question us without legal representation or our parents present."

"What are you some kind of kid lawyer?"

"Actually, my sister is a lawyer," Jen says.

"Well girls I did call all of your parents," and he looks at Lisa "including my boss, the Sheriff."

Five minutes later both my dad and Sheriff Lewis walks in followed by Riley's dad, and Dr. Perez.

"Andy what the Hell is going on? Why do you have my daughter and friends here? Sheriff Lewis asks.

"Sir, these young ladies, stole a car from the Mitchell residence, belonging to a Maggie Lynn Vu. Then they went to the BP, and stole some beer, wine, cokes, CDs, and several bags of chips. They also refused to pull over at first. They were speeding excessively, driving dangerously, not to mention driving without a license or insurance. All five girls at the time of arrest had a .09 on the breathalyzer."

"Who was driving" Sheriff Lewis asked.

"Sir that would-be Alexandria Malone, she along with the other girls refused to tell me what happened until you all arrived. Alexandria almost sounded like a little Johnny Cochrane."

I see the anger on my dad's face, and the other adults faces.

"Sir one more thing, I think this may have something to do with it. When I took the complaint about the stolen car. I took it from Mr. Mitchell's house, and there were a bunch of girls having a party, but I didn't see any adults there."

My dad turns to angrily Mr. Mitchell, "the only reason I let my twins go was because I was told there would be adults there!"

"I got called into work, one of the other paramedics got the stomach flu, but my wife was there as was my mom."

"Dad," Riley says, "Mommy got called into Redmond in Rome, so it was just Grandma."

"Paul, Luke, Dr. Perez if I had known I would have told Allison to cancel the party."

Dad turns to me, "Allie, yes you are in big trouble, but remember lying to me will only make it much, much worse. So, tell me what happened."

I tell Daddy about the dare, our plan, and how I almost hit Blake's truck leaving.

"Wait a minute Blake was there?"

"Yes, Mr. Malone," Riley says. "He came during the karaoke session, and he went up to my sister's room with Allison."

Dad pulls out his phone, "Blake William Malone, I want you, and your girl friend at the sheriff's office ten minutes ago!"

"Allie why didn't you pull over with the deputy flashed his lights."

"I was scared, and then realized I was in so much trouble why not try to out race him in Maggie's pilot?"

Sheriff Lewis interrupts my dad, which I am thankful for. "Girls, how did you get drunk."

"I don't feel drunk," Celina says.

"Daddy" Jen says, "all we did was drink the punch, it was really good."

"Yeah for some reason Allison said we shouldn't be drinking it," Riley recalls.

Right on cue walks in Allison and Blake.