Chapter 3: Hellfire and Revelations

Mandi came in our room about nine hours later. "Girls, it's time to get up for church. I have your church dresses in the living room." Nic bounces out of bed, and I was so tired, so I stayed in mine.

Mandi came back ten minutes later, "Girls! I said to get up!"

"Mandi, I am tired, so I am not going to church. Besides that, I do not believe in God. You know that. God is a myth created for stupid people," I said to this person, who had the audacity of trying to wake me up, very grumpily.

I am not a morning person at all. I never have been. I never had a use for God, or religion. You tend to feel that way when your parents are killed in a car crash when you are little. I know it's kind of ironic. A car crash killed my parents when I was six, and then my body gets killed as an adult in a car accident.

I then flipped over and went back to sleep. As I was falling back to sleep, I heard both Jen and Mark laughing their asses off. I also heard Blake say "What has gotten into Lexi?"

Mandi came back and said, "Lexi, I am trying to be very patient and understanding. Now get out of bed immediately, and get ready for church."

Paul was in his bathroom taking a shower, when he thought he heard Mandi getting upset. Years down the road, I will find out that husbands have a sixth sense, when it comes to those kinds of things.

"Mandi, will you get it through your slow, fucking head that I am not going to mother-fucking church? God can go fuck himself, for all I care! I just want to go back to sleep! I told you that I do not believe in God, and I am not going to fucking church! Leave me alone!" I snapped, in a big way. Granted, for me, this snapping was a minor one.

Jen then said, "Mandi, if Lexi doesn't have to go, then neither am I!" I heard her flip over, and whisper to me "We told her. Wow! That was fun!" I could not help but grin, and feel a source of sisterly pride. Jen then added "messing with Mom is one thing, if Dad gets involved then it is something completely different, and he does not play, just in case you forgot."

"Then why did you go along with me?"

"Because it is what sisters do, I think and I got caught up in the moment."

Paul calmly walks into my bedroom ten minutes later and speaks to Jen. "Jennifer Elizabeth Malone," in a calm but firm tone. With those words spoken, Jen's new brief rebellious attitude was flushed down the toilet, when she remembered that her dad was still around, and he was a force to be reckoned with. "Go to the living room, and get your church dress from your mom."

"Yes, Sir. I'm sorry, Dad," Jen was saying rapidly.

"Jennifer, if I ever hear you talk back or call your mother by her first name again like that I will wear your ass out." I heard her get out of bed with a sense of urgency, an urgency I did not have.

"Paul, if you're going to be pissed at anyone, be pissed at me," I spat at him. He pissed me off for getting on to her when all she was doing was trying to be loyal to me, and show sisterly support.

What the hell is happening to me? Am I starting to develop 'feelings of an almost human nature?'

"Alexandria get out of bed and go to the living room and get your Sunday dress from your mother. When you are there the three of us can have a talk."

"Paul you seem like a nice guy. I don't want to go to church. I told you that I don't believe in God. You can't make me go to church, or believe in God. All I want to do is go back to sleep. Please leave me the fuck alone!"