Chapter 21: "Kiss Da Girl"

The next morning, I woke with a very sore backside. Instead of my normal fare of skinny jeans, which take forever to get on, but I look good in, and one of my Geek t-shirts.  I chose to put on a loose floral skirt and blouse. Since I am a Malone the skirt comes half way down to my calves. Both the skirt and blouse were made by Ma. I have tried to convince her that solid dark colors are acceptable.

Ma's response is "sometimes you need to look more like a girl, instead of a boy with boobs, with your instance on wearing jeans and t-shirts all the time."

After breakfast I was triple checking that I had everything I needed for school, when I noticed that Ma or Dad hadn't signed my punishment note saying I got paddled at school yesterday. If I didn't get it signed, then I would automatically get another paddling and then get In School Suspension for not getting it signed. Then I would have to get that note signed. I didn't think my poor backside could handle another paddling anytime soon.

I find Mom in the dining room eating her breakfast of fruit and yogurt.

"Um, Ma can you please sign this for me so that bit..., I mean Mrs. Clifton doesn't have an excuse to paddle me again for not having it signed."

Ma, looks up in disgust. "I can't believe that you almost cursed again after the spanking you got last night."

"I'm sorry," I reply.

"Don't give me that line of garbage young lady!"

My siblings stop what they are doing and start watching the show. I can't blame them I would too.

"But Mom, I just like cussing, besides that everybody does it."

Mom has this vein that throbs when she's about to explode and it was throbbing like the drums in a Foo Fighters concert. Her face became fire engine red, as she exploded. Thank God Dad had already gone to work, or I would have been in for it.

"No, Alexandria Elizabeth, not everybody curses! I don't! Your father doesn't! Your brothers, and sisters do not either!"

I knew that Dad does on occasion, but not around Ma, and Mark does it all the time, again never around Ma, but I wasn't going to say that.

"I don't care what you think everybody else does, you will not do it! Just because everybody else does it does not make it right! Am I clear?!"

"Yes, Ma'am," I say looking down.

"Allie, I know you are fourteen and you want to fit in, but you are a Malone, and your Dad and I expect you and your brothers and sisters to behave in a way that is fitting of a young lady, and a proper gentleman. Nobody in this house is allowed to act that way." As she said the last part she was not just looking at me but my siblings who were watching the show.

Mom takes the note and signs it. She then kisses me on the forehead.

"Allie, I love you. You can and will do better. I hope you have a great day at school. Don't be afraid to the right thing. Its time for you and the rest of you to get to the bus stop."

Later as I come into English I put the punishment note on Mrs. Clifton's desk. I gingerly sit down in my desk as I have with all of my classes. Mrs. Clifton, and a few others notices how I sit. The bell rings a minute later.

"Before we begin Allie, is there anything you want to say to me."

I stand up. "Mrs. Clifton, if I said those kinds of things then you would have your excuse to try to get me suspended. But my Mom and Dad did want me to apologize to you for cursing at you? I shouldn't have done that. Before you ask, yes my Mom punished me soundly for cursing at you."