Chapter 18: The Best Days Ever, Part 2: Tournament

I look around at my nervous friends and sister, and Deputy Andy asking us over and over "who wants to go first? I know what you five did. Who wants to talk first?" Truthfully nobody is listening to him we are all in our very scared heads.

As I am listening to Deputy Andy I wish my Mom and Dad was here. Yesterday was such a fantastic day, Liam asked me to Homecoming, we got cool new uniforms, and Liam got a touchdown for me then brought me the ball in the middle of the game...

The next day Ma gets Jen and myself up and makes sure we have all of our gear, plenty of Gatorade and makes sure that we both eat a good breakfast.

"Why did they have to may your new uniforms so... so tight?" Ma asks.

Without thinking I say, "so we can get guys to our matches and for all of us single girls maybe a boyfriend. We all know guys likes looking at boobs, and butts. We want butts at our tournament, especially cute butts."

"Maybe a bunch of Liam butts," Jen teases.

"Well that would not be a bad idea," I respond. "Have you seen his how magnificent his butt looks."

"Well I know two girls who will be going to confession tomorrow." Ma says seriously.

"Ma, we were only teasing." I say.

"I don't like your new uniforms, and I don't like your jokes."

"Mommy must be in one of her moods," Jen whispered.

"I know, thank God, we have our tournament I feel for Dad and the others."

Jen snickers at my comment, and Ma looks at us like she heard every word we said.

Blake took Jen and I to Berry College Cage Center for the Volleyball tournament. Coach wanted everyone there by 7:30 am. The first match is at 8 am.

"I'll be back with Mark after our meeting with Coach. Ma wanted me to tell you good luck, and she'll be here with Dad and Nic soon. Mom also wanted me to tell you that Aunt Abby got held up at UAB, and won't be able to come. Good luck."

The tournament had the best sixteen girls' volleyball teams in the north-western part of Georgia. To speed things up the first round was a sudden death match the first team to twenty-five wins, and you must win by two points. The quarter final games were also going to be sudden death matches by the same rules as the previous round. Only the two semifinal matches and the final match would be the standard best of three matches. Coach announce to figure out third place they would see which of the losing semifinal teams had scored the most points that team gets third.

Our first match was against Coosa. Got to love the irony of it all.

We over heard their coach telling her team "time to get some revenge for last night."

Coach Guyton on the other hand said to us, "go out there do what we practiced, and execute our plan."

We crushed Coosa 25 to 7. We were done in ten minutes.

Our next match was against the Dalton High Catamounts. Whatever a catamount is. We beat them 25 to 14. They were good, but they were not ready for us.

The four teams that made it to the semifinals were Calhoun, Rome, Darlington, and us.

The first semifinal game was going to be the Calhoun Yellowjackets, vs. the Rome Wolves. Calhoun won the first match 27 to 25. Then Rome won the second match 25 to 20. The third match was all Rome 15 to 3. It was almost like they were toying with Calhoun.