Chapter 13: Sleepover Part 1: Cannonball

An hour later after a quick trip home for me and my sisters to pack everything we would need to sleep over at Lisa's and Laura's house until Sunday including our Sunday dresses.

Lisa lived about four miles from my house on the other side of the woods. Her house was a huge southern brick mansion in the nicest neighborhood in Rockdale where most of the wealthy Rockdale families lived. Lisa's mom was a very successful trial lawyer, and her father was the Sheriff. The joke was Lisa's dad arrested them, and her mom got them out.

Lisa's and Laura's room was on the second floor. It was easily twice the size of my bedroom. Then again, her house was so big you could have fit our house in there at least two or three times, and we have a nice sized house.

Lisa's and Laura's bedroom was beautifully decorated in light pinks, blues, and whites. There was no doubt we were walking into a girl's bedroom. There were two twin beds on the right wall about three feet away from each other. They had some nice posters on the wall, and one book case that had books on it and another one that had a bunch of dolls and stuffed animals on it. Right next to it was a doll house. There was a desk in the corner.

Nic saw the doll house "nice doll house Laura, I have one too, but not as fancy."

"It's not mine its Lisa's. The geek princess here still loves her dolls, so do I but, most are Lisa's."

Lisa blushes a bit. "What can I say I like my Barbie's and cabbage patch dolls and I didn't get the dollhouse until I was twelve, after asking my parents for once since I was eight."

"Its Ok, Nic still plays with hers, and I still have some that I play with Nic. Allie has even been known to play too." Jen says now I start blushing.

Luke Jr. comes in with Liam. "Mom said that she wanted us to bring up the air mattresses for the Malones." Jr. says.

"Thanks," I say to them. Jen and Nic quickly follow my lead.

"Where's our mattresses?" Lisa asks.

"You don't need them you and Laura have your beds." Liam says.

Laura not missing a beat "I want to sleep on the air mattresses with Allie and them. It's our sleep over not yours."

"You want them you get them." Liam says

"Jr come one please?" Laura whines.

"Sorry I'm with Liam on this, we are both tired."

"Mommy, Jr and the General are being mean again!" Lisa yells at the top of her lungs.

"Why did you do that?" Jr asks perturbed at Lisa.

"Are you trying to get us in trouble?"

Laura responds, "well if you had done what we asked then Lisa wouldn't have called for Mommy."

Ten seconds later Mrs. Lewis barges in "What's going on" she asks.

"Mommy we asked Jr. and The General to bring up our air mattresses and they refused." Lisa says

"Why do you want to sleep on them when you can sleep on your beds?"

"We want to as part of our sleepover."

Mrs. Lewis looks at Liam and Jr. "Just do it, and don't complain about it. I used to do the same thing when I was their age." She then looks at me. "I used to do the same thing with your Mom when we were kids."

"Wait a minute you and my Mom have been friends since you were little."

"Yes, who do you think set her up with your dad," she winks.