Chapter 34: You Can't Run From Your Family

Sheriff Lewis comes on the bus and starts looking around. He quickly sees me. "Allie would you please come with me there are quite a few people that want to see you and ask you a few questions?"

I get up and grab my bag...

"How much trouble am I in?"

"That I can't say, but I can say, that I have a little girl and a son that has been bugging me since you ran away. Your dad and mom have been worried sick about you."

"I'm sorry."

"I am sure you had your reasons. You will have to tell me and your family those reasons you know that."

"Yes Sir."

We walk off the bus.

My mom wraps me up in a mama bear hug crying, "don't you ever do that again, you hear?"

There is something special, warm and pure about getting a hug from your mom. I knew at that moment no matter what I did or will do that I am loved. That to me is priceless and I needed that reminder.

"I won't Mommy I promise. I was scared and upset."

"I know, believe me I know."

Mommy lets me go and Daddy picks me up and squeezes the life out of me. "You scared the shit out of me."

When my dad picked me up like with mommy, I felt absolute love, protection, and strength.

"Sorry Daddy."

"I know. I'm just glad to have my Care Bear back. We are so going to have a family meeting once Dr. Wade clears you and Luke is done."

Daddy puts me down and I see my sisters all three of them. They come at me and pull me into a group hug.

"Allie, Jen told us why you ran away. Please don't do that again. We are sisters and we can talk, yell anything out. Sorry I was mean to you yesterday," Christy says.

"Me too Allie. I didn't mean what I said" Nic says.

"I know that now."

Sheriff Lewis talks to the bus driver for a few more minutes then, lets him drive off. He then comes and ushers us inside.

"Allie, Dr. Wade wants to check you out to make sure you are well before I ask my questions and let you go home."

"Do I have to have a medical exam?"

"In these situations, yes, you do. Normally we would take you to the hospital, but since your doctor was here it saves us a trip. Are you scared of him?"

"No, I sorta stole from him so..."

"I understand, it will be alright."

He leads me to a medical area in the back where Aunt Abby and Wade is waiting on me.

Wade nods at Sheriff Lewis and he nods back and then closes the door.

Wade is just looking at me, the same look that he had when he was pissed off at Alex.

"How are you feeling Allie," Aunt Abby asks?

"I've had some bad headaches all day almost migraine level, but I took some Aleve it seemed to help sorta."

"I'm going to check your vitals and prick your finger so I can see what is in your blood," Aunt Abby says gently.

Aunt Abby does all of that in a few minutes. She shows Wade the results.

"Wade, Aunt Abby, I am sorry I ran away."

"Are you sorry that you went behind my back and got access to your old funds to leave a getaway fund" Wade asks angrily.