Chapter 32: Mark's Revenge

"I can't believe that we pulled it off and got away with it" Lisa says.

"Hey all it takes it a good plan" I say.

Mark comes up to us as we walk to the bus, he gives Lisa an innocent peck.

"Thanks, are you still mad at me" I ask?

"Are you going to admit that you set me up this morning" he asks me?

Lisa looks at me.

"Fine Jen and I set you up. You've been a dick lately to me and Jen. Jen was still pissed at Nic over the makeup thing" I admit.

"Damn you two are evil," Lisa says.

"Not evil, just had to put Mark in his place, and remind Nic of hers. So, are you going to tell Ma now" I ask?

"No, she wouldn't believe me if I did. I do expect you to help me get out of my grounding early."

"Fine as long as you are not a dick to me and Jen."

Mark sticks out his hand. I take it and shake it.

"Deal" he says.

As we got on the bus, I whispered to Jen "Mark knows what we did. I admitted it. I can can't lie to Lisa."

"I understand I don't like it, but I understand."

The bus was all talking about Mrs. Clifton. They were watching Lisa's video. It was bloody brilliant.

When we got home, Christy told us we had to get some chores done. We all quickly did our chores then got started on our homework.

Forty-five minutes later Ma came in the house with Aunt Connie.

Jen and I looked surprised to see Aunt Connie over. She came from time to time but hardly ever during the weekdays.

"Hey, Aunt Connie," Mark, says. "What are you doing over here?"

"Do I really need an excuse to see my family" Aunt Connie asks? "I really want to get to know Christy and Charlie a little better."

"No, I guess not. Do you want anything to drink?"

"Yes, I would love to have some of hot tea Christy and Charlie come over here so we can talk for a bit" Aunt Connie says.

Charlie and Christy go over to the couch and love seat to talk to Aunt Connie.

"She's acting weird" Jen says.

"No kidding" I add.

The three of them talk for a while with all three of them laughing throughout the conversation. By the time they are done I am in the kitchen helping Ma cook dinner.

"Since when did Allie start cooking" Aunt Connie asks?

"For a while a little after her birthday party. My Allie is pretty good, almost as good as you and me, not as good as Mama, but she's getting there" Ma says.

"Do you think I could borrow the twins for a few minutes" Aunt Connie asks innocently.

"Of course, Aunt Connie," Ma replies.

"Let's go down to the sewing room so Jen can show me what she's working on" Aunt Connie says.

The three of us head down there

I shoot Jen a concerned look and she shoots me the same look.

"Danger! Danger Will Robinson! We have to be careful. Aunt Connie is up to something," Jen says through our twin sense.