seven.

[ CHAPTER 7 ]

Zach: hey love

Tessa: hello there

Zach: so we've been texting for a while now

Tessa: yeah and?

Zach: like a couple of months

[ A/N lol just trying to move the story along]

Tessa: yes Zach I know

Zach: will you be my bff

Tessa: lmao

Zach: is that a no?

Tessa: of course it's not you big ole dummy

Tessa: yes. I will be your bff

Zach: yay!

Tessa: omg you're so cute

Zach: awwww is someone crushing on me

Tessa: bahahahahaha

Tessa: you wish

...

Zach's POV

Tessa: bahahahaha you wish

She's right. In some weird way, I do wish.

I'm not sure why. I don't even know her. Well I know her. But not really. I've never met her. I don't know what she looks like. But I imagine she's beautiful, gorgeous inside and out.

"Zach, bro. You good?" Jonah pulls me out of my thoughts.

"What? Yeah man I'm good."

"You've been smiling at your phone a lot lately," he starts, "does zachypoo have a little crush that he doesn't tell us about?"

"What the hell? No. Of course not. Why would you think that?"

"Why else would you be smiling at your phone so much?"

"Because something's funny" I say, quickly to defend myself. Why does he automatically assume I like someone? Maybe I kind of do but I don't even know Tessa! He's out of his mind.

"Okay Zach. Whatever you say, dude." He says and walks upstairs, to his room I assume.

I'm kind of excited that Tessa agreed to be my bff. I know that it's stupid and shit but it's okay. It makes me happy. She does. Jonah's right, I do smile at my phone more often because she makes me smile. She's funny.

...

Tessa's POV

Zach is so cute. Not physically because I have no idea what he looks like. I don't even know his last name. But his words and his actions. His personality. So cute. So so so cute. I don't have a crush but he's just cute. Adorable even. I want to meet him but I don't think that'll ever happen. He'll probably just forget about me like everyone else does. Oh well.

"Teeesssssaaaaaaaaaa!" Elizabeth screams. Oh my god what the hell does she want? Her voice alone makes me want to rip my ears off and kill myself.

"What Elizabeth?"

"That's mom to you!"

No it's not.

"What do you want?" I ask her, wanting to get to the point already. 

"Clean the house!"

"The whole house?"

"Yes! I'm going on a business trip. Leaving right now. I'll be back next week, there's money on the table!" She yells and then I hear the door slam.

"Okay bye.." I mumble as I hear her car pull away.

All she ever does is work. I mean she chose me to be in her life, I didn't ask. I was placed here. 

It's so fucking annoying. But it's whatever I'm a big kid now so I can do things on my own.

I can't wait until I'm 18.

By the time I finish cleaning it's 8 at night. I make myself some popcorn and flop down on the couch to watch a movie.

The door suddenly opens and I freak for a second before...

"OH MY GOD TESSA ALLEN!"

I flinch at that last name, "that's not my name!"

"Right, sorry Jacobs. I'm just so use to your mom's last n-" 

"She's not my mom." 

"Right, sorry."

"What do you want Soph?" I say to my neighbor and pretty much my only friend.

She runs into the living room and jumps on top of me. "Ow. Fuck you that hurt."

"Sorry. So sorry, love you. I have news." She squeals. Ugh this is going to be good.