thirty six.

[ CHAPTER 36 ]

Tessa's POV

Zach kisses me softy while cupping my cheeks.

"It's your turn baby." He says pressing his forehead against mine, "why do you hate being called Tess?" 

UGghghhughugHuguhgug.

We made a deal. He told me now I have to tell him.

Except for the fact that I really don't want to. 

"I just don't like being called that."

"We both know that's not true. There's something more to it and I want to know what it is." He pushes. 

I sigh, "fine. My father used to call me Tess so that reminds me of him leaving. And then one of my last foster homes, my foster family always called me Tess and I thought they loved me. I loved them and I thought they were going to adopt me, but they didn't. So it reminds me of them and when I was taken out of their house."

He puts his arms around me, "aww baby. It's okay. You can't dwell on that, I know it's sad but you can't let that hold you back."

"I know and I try not to but it's hard."

"I know it is, babe." He says kissing my head and pulling me into his lap.

"You can call me Tess." I whisper.

"What was that?" He asks smiling even thought I know he heard me. 

"You can call me Tess." I say a little louder. 

"What was that?" He asks tickling my sides.

I laugh and squirm, "Zach stop oh my god."

"Sorry Tess, I'll stop." He says stopping and smiling extra wide. 

Seeing him so happy makes me happy. Knowing that calling me a simple nickname makes him so happy is so great. I completely forget why I didn't want him to call me that in the first place. He's so adorable and my baby. 

"You're so annoying oh my god." I say while rolling my eyes.

He laughs and hugs me again. 

"My wittle Tess baby." He says in a baby voice.

I roll my eyes but tackle and hug him back.

"What time is it?" I ask him.

"Check your watch, dummy."

I laugh and check my watch, "it's 11."

"Oh sheesh. We might be crashing here babe, depends if the boys wanna drive home." He says, rubbing my back. 

"Let's go see?" 

"Sure thing." 

He stands up and then picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. 

At this point I don't even care. I usually hate when people pick me up because of my weight but I'm so used to sitting on him that it doesn't matter to me anymore. 

He carries me outside of Logan's room and to the living room where the boys are sitting. 

"You guys tired? Are we leaving now or later or staying over?" Zach asks, "little lady loves to plan." He says turning me around so that I can wave to the boys. 

They laugh at me, "we can go now if you guys want? Tess, you want us to take you home or do you want to come back to our place?" Corbyn asks.

Zach coughs, "I call her Tess." 

"Sorry, Tessa." He corrects while Zach spins around so that I can see the boys. 

"Uh I don't care when or if we leave but I don't really want to go home, if that's okay with you guys. Also Zach, please put me down all the blood is rushing to my head." I laugh.

Zach puts me down and I regain my balance. 

"You are always welcome at our house, Tessa. Even if no one is there even if you no longer live with Elizabeth. To you, our door is always opened." Jack says to me. 

"Awww thanks Jack." 

He opens his arms and I walk into them and hug him.

We get our things and say goodbye to Logan and Evan then all go back to the boys house. 

...

A short filler chapter sorry :( If I remember I'll upload tomorrow to make for it! 

No promises though!! I have a soccer game so I won't get home until later in the day and I might not remember. 

At least you got to see why Tessa hated being called Tess and there's some cute Zessa moments :)

Anyways don't forget to vote&comment !!

Hopefully you'll see from me tomorrow!!!! 

-av <3