thirty four.

[ CHAPTER 34 ]

Tessa's POV

Tessa: hey Jack

Jack: what

Tessa: I have a boyfriend

Jack doesn't respond but I hear a bunch of feet, running and then Jack, Corbyn, Jonah, Daniel, Logan and Brendan all come running out.

"You're dating?!!!!" Jack yells. 

We look at each other and nod, smiling. 

"Awwwwwwwww" They all cool at us. 

I roll my eyes, "yeah yeah we're fucking adorable. We know." I say flipping me hair. 

They all laugh at me. 

Zach laughs and kisses my lips. 

I smile into the kiss and kiss him back. 

"Ew gross stop with the PDA" Daniel says throwing his phone at us.

The phone lands on my leg and I pull away from Zach, "ow." I whine turning towards Daniel. 

He laughs, "sorry, love." He says and picks his phone up off of my lap. 

Zach puts his arms around me and pulls me close while glaring at Daniel.

I laugh and rub his arms letting him now that it's okay. 

"Okay so Tessa," Logan says getting my attention.

I look up "hmm?"

"So you want to be my assistant?" 

"Oh!!! Right! Let me call my social worker!!" I say excited, pulling out my phone. 

I call Sandra and put her on speaker phone. 

"Tessa? Hey girl, is everything alright?" She asks right as she picks up the phone. 

"Yes! Sandra, everything is great!!" 

"Really? That's odd. What's up?" 

I laugh, "you know me so well. Anyways I think I got a job." 

"Okay... what does this have to do with me?" She asks clearly, suspicious. 

"I can get emancipated! Right? I mean I am 16!" 

"Well technically you can but Tessa, are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Yes, Sandra. I can't live there anymore."

She sighs into the phone, "Tessa. Darling. I know that you don't like Elizabeth's and I hate that I had to place you there but you are only 16. Where would you live?"

"Sandra! I'm a smart girl, you know this. I can totally figure this out. I'm a big girl! People do this all the time!"

"What's the job, hun?" 

"An assistant job for this youtuber, Logan Paul."

"You can't live off an assistant job, Tessa! Are you an idiot?" She says, clearly frustrated. 

"I can't?"

"How much does it pay?"

"Well uh I don't really know. The thing is this was very spontaneous and we haven't really talked about it much." I say, shyly because I know she hates when I don't plan things out. 

"Tessa," she sighs, "this job does not seem stable enough for you. I just googled this kid on the internet and he does not-" 

"You're on speaker phone and he's right here!" I jump in before she can finish. 

"Oh. Hello, Logan." 

I can practically hear her rolling her eyes. 

"Hi, also I'd be willing to help Tessa with whatever she needs to be on her own." Logan jumps in.

"Okay, we appreciate that. But Tessa, you know that we have to get permission from your parents to get emancipated?" She states.

"You mean we have to find my father?" I ask starting to shake. 

Zach rubs my arms and I hold his hand. 

"Yes, honey. We will be able to find him, we can just call the- the um place he's staying." She says trying to cover up my fuck up of a father. 

"What do we need from him?" 

"We need a signature. He needs to sign abandonment papers."

"He technically didn't abandon me," I correct her. "He was forced to abandon me."

 "Tessa, we aren't getting into this right now. He needs to sign papers, if you want to get emancipated. That's all."

"Fuck. Then let's do it. I can't stay at Elizabeths any longer." 

"Okay, well I'll get on contacting your father as soon as possible and I'll get back to you." 

"Okay, thanks Sandra. Talk to you later," I say and hang up. 

"Tessa?" Zach says looking at me. 

"What?" I ask looking up from my phone to him.

"What happened to your parents?" He asks, nervously. 

I sigh, "I guess you guys need to know, huh?" 

They all nod.

"When I was hmmmm uh maybe 6? Well anyways my mom was diagnosed with brain cancer, and around 2 weeks later she died. After that my dad would stay out late and get drunk all the time. He missed my mom and regretted not staying in the hospital for her more often. So one night it was super late and he was driving home from the bar and he got into an accident. The 2 people in the other car died and he got arrested for drunk driving and murdering them. He's been in prison ever since." I get off my chest. 

They all look at me with wide eyes, taking everything in. 

It's a lot to take in and I understand. I have a wild life. 

...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3.5K READS OMG I LOVE YOU ALL

don't forget to vote&comment !

love you all so much 

hope you are enjoying :)

-av <3