twenty eight.

[ CHAPTER 28 ]

Tessa's POV

When Zach come's downstairs he's acting super weird. I don't understand what happened. 5 minutes ago we were perfectly fine and just chilling and now he can barely even look at me. What the fuck? I don't understand. 

After we eat breakfast the boys leave Zach and I to clean up. 

I ask Zach what's wrong with him and he just doesn't want to answer me. He fiddles around my question and tells me all this random stuff. He even called me Tess. I'm so fucking pissed.

He can't just decide that I have to tell him everything and he can't tell me anything at all. What the fuck. 

"now what's your problem with me?" I say to him

"Nothing Tessa." He rolls his eyes and tries to push past me.

I grab his arm and pull him back, "no. You don't get to do that. I have told you so much personally shit about my life because 'we're close and need to become best friends' and all that shit." I say using air quotes, and mocking their voices, "so tell me, Zach."

He sighs, "the kiss meant nothing to you?" 

Fuck.

He heard that? How the fuck did he hear that? He was upstairs sleeping. What the fuck do I say? Of course it meant something to me. Fuck. I can't believe I said that. I can't believe Jack brought it up. Of course I'll say it meant nothing to me in front of the other boys. God dammit. 

I sigh and sit down, "Zach. Of course it meant something to me."

"Then why did you say it didn't? I heard you say it." He says sitting down next to me.

"Because I didn't want Daniel and Jonah to know." I admit.

"Why not?"

"Because I just met you! I can't believe that I kissed you and that I'm fucking falling for you! I've known you for like seven seconds." I explode, it's all true. I am just so mad at myself. 

"You're falling for me?" He asks, gently while putting his hand on my arm. 

I nod, "yeah but-"

"I'm falling for you too." He smiles, "but why is it a bad thing?" 

"I don't know. I just met you"

"You keep saying that." He says, somewhat annoyed and confused. 

"Well yeah, because it's true."

"What does that mean? What does that have to do with us?"

"Zach, I say this is the nicest possible way but, is there an 'us?'"

I don't want to hurt him but I was just asking. I really wasn't sure. It's a genuine question. He hasn't said anything, I haven't said anything. We hadn't really labelled what we are. 

But of course, just my luck, he looks hurt. Like I broke him. 

Fuck.

"I mean I thought we were. I don't know what we were but I thought we were something." He admits.

"Ok, I wasn't sure. I wasn't trying to be mean, I promise. I honestly wasn't sure. I like you." I say give him a small smile. 

He smiles, "really?" 

"I mean, I'm pretty sure. I've never really felt this way. I don't know what it means to like someone. I've thought that I liked someone before but I don't think I actually did." I say, thinking about my past. God, I hate thinking about it. 

"That's okay Tessa. I'll help you through it, I promise. We can do this together." He smiles and grabs my hand. 

"Together?" 

"Together." 

"We can go slow?" 

"Yeah. We can go slow." He nods and smiles at me. 

I smile, he leans in and kisses my lips gently. 

"How is that taking it slow?" I whisper as we pull away.

We open our eyes and make eye contact, "I thought I leaned in pretty slow." He says, cracking a smile. 

I smile and then giggle, he laughs at me and himself. 

He kisses me lightly, once more and we pull away pressing our foreheads together. 

"Zach?" I whisper.

"Yes, Tessa?" He whispers back.

"This isn't slow. Is it?" 

"Not really. You're just so amazing, I can't go slow. I just wanna be with you." He says shyly.

"Zach."

"Hmm?"

"I don't know how"

"How what?"

"How to be with someone." 

"I'll help you, don't worry. I can be patient." He smiles.

I can't believe that I'm getting into a relationship. This is insane. I'm sitting here with my forehead pressed against Zach's, talking about relationships. I don't know if we are technically in a relationship. But I think we're something. I don't know what it is though. 

"Thank you Zach."

"You're welcome Tess." He smiles.

I pull my forehead away from his and open my mouth to start saying something but he starts before I can. 

"Why do you hate that nickname?" 

"Bad memories." 

I don't want to say any more and I hope he gets that. 

"Okay, another time." He nods, grabbing my hand. 

I sigh, just thinking about it. 

"You alright, love?" He asks.

I nod, "yeah."

He kisses my forehead, "good morning."

I laugh, "morning. Did you move me last night? I thought I fell asleep on the couch."

"Yeah, you were sleeping on Jack and I and we needed to get up to go to sleep so I just picked you up and then we decided that you shouldn't sleep on the couch and I brought you upstairs in my room."

"Hey, I don't wanna be rude or anything but I think I should get back to my house. I don't want my foster mom freaking out on me." I say giving his hand a squeeze and then letting go and getting up. 

"You going to skate or do you want one of us to drive you?" He asks. 

"I can skate. I'll text you later." I smile

I go in the living room and say goodbye to the boys then grab my board.

Zach walks me to the door so we can say goodbye. 

We both go outside and he shuts the door behind him.

"Text me later?" He asks.

I nod, "yeah I'll text you." 

"Good."

I smile, "See you later."

He kisses me softly, "this isn't slow." I whisper when we pull away. 

"Sorry." He whispers.

I giggle and get on my skateboard and start riding out of their neighborhood. 

I turn around and wave to him and watch him walk back inside.

...

don't forget to vote&comment !!

this chapter isn't much but it'll do lol 

ps. Zach is so cute I'm crying brb 

thanks for reading love you alllll

-av <3