twenty five.

[ CHAPTER 25 ]

Tessa's POV

Jack gets up and leaves the room. 

Zach and I just look at each other for what seems like forever. Are we gonna talk or are we just gonna stare? 

I awkwardly smile and wave at him. 

He runs a hand through his hair, "sorry, sorry. I know I'm being awkward I just don't know what to say." 

"Me neither." I shrug. 

We sigh at the same time, then look at each other and laugh. 

"I mean, do we need to talk about it? Do you have any questions or can we just go back to normal?" I ask. 

It doesn't have to be awkward we can just skip over that part because everyone hates awkward silence. 

"Can I ask a couple or questions?" He asks sheepishly. 

"Yeah yeah sure. Go ahead." 

"I thought we were doing well, why'd you pull back?" He asks referring to when we were on the couch. 

I didn't not expect that question. I was definitely expecting a question about juvie and everything. 

"Oh. I just don't want to get too attached. I never know when I'm going to be pulled out of my house and never see you guys again." I explain.

"Tessa, even if you were to go to a different house I'd still find you. I wouldn't let you just leave my life. There's no way. I would spend so long trying to find you. I have your number, we'd still text and I'd come visit you or you'd come here. No matter where you live. If it's hours away I'll come pick you up. I don't care. Even if you get pulled out of the house you're in right now, I will be here for you," he says scooting closer to me on Jacks bed. He puts his hand on top of mine, "I promise." 

I turn my hand over and grab his. 

He smiles and squeezes my hand. I instantly get butterflies in my stomach. 

I smile back and thank him.

He nods, "of course. I'm always here for you, okay?" 

"Okay. Yeah. Thank you, I obviously have some trust issues." I try to make a little joke.

"It's okay. You can trust me." 

I nod, "I know that now."

This kid is really something. 

I get butterflies every time he smiles. This kid is incredible, I don't even know how he's so perfect. I don't understand how someone can be so handsome, sweet, wonderful and talented. He amazing in every way possible and it's driving me insane. 

I can't stop thinking about him. He's been stuck in my head since the concert. Even after he lied and betrayed me he still finds a way to make me crazy for him. He still finds a way to make me forgive and trust him again. 

I can't help but think this is wrong. Why should I trust him again? He hurt me, he lied to me and broke me. 

How does he just make that that disappear instantly? We hold hands and suddenly everything is okay? 

I can't be that easy. Am I that easy? 

Fuck.

Well now I'm overthinking everything. 

What would Jack say?

God fuck I'm already attached to them. I'm literally sitting here, holding hands with one of them thinking about what the other one would tell me to do in this situation. This is crazy. This can't be healthy for me, being so easily attached to these two. 

Jack would tell me to suck it up and that Zach is good for me. He is good for me. 

He smiles and puts his hand on my cheek. 

I get more butterflies. What is this boy doing to me? 

I look into his pretty brown eyes. I get lost in them. He is so pretty I can't focus on anything but him. 

He starts to lean in and before even realizing I am too. 

I panic quickly and think about whether or not I should pull away. 

I decide not to, fuck it.

I'm already attached. 

Our eyes close and I feel his breath right before I feel his lips on mine.

...

Don't forget to vote&comment :)

A birthday update! Finally a year older lmao

OOOoooOoooOoOOOooooo THEY KISSED!!!! Aw how cute! #zessa !!!!!! Whoop whoop. 

Thank you much for reading!

Much love!!!!! 

-av