forty one.

[ CHAPTER 40 ]

*Tessa has been working for Logan for about a week and a half*

Tessa's POV

Logan and I are both on our computers. He's editing and I'm working on when his new merch is going to come out and the schedule for the next week. 

The only sound throughout the apartment is the audio from the vlog and Logan's occasional laughs. 

It's weird that it's so quiet in Logan's apartment but it's also nice and peaceful. 

I hear my phone ringing but I don't actually know where it is.

I get up and look around, "kitchen counter." Logan says without looking up.

"Thanks," I say and go into the kitchen. I grab my phone and see that the person calling me is Sandra. 

"Fuck." I say deciding whether or not to answer it. 

I decide that I probably should so I answer the phone and then walk out onto the balcony so I don't disturb Logan's editing and he doesn't disturb my phone call. 

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey Tessa. How are you?" She asks sweetly.

"I'm alright. How are you?" 

"I'm okay. I have news."

"Oh course you do. I would be surprised if you didn't." I sigh.

"I found your birth father. And I set up a time for you to meet him." 

"Are you serious?" I ask sitting down right on the ground. 

"Yes. And I also set up a time for you to go into the prison and talk to your dad."

"Holy fuck, Sandra. You can't just spring this all on me."

"I know Tessa, don't worry. I'll text you the dates." She says and hangs up.

I throw my phone at the love sacs and lay down on the ground.

I sigh and get back up, get my phone and go back inside. 

"What's up?" Logan asks me.

"Nothing."

"Why'd you throw your phone?" 

"Damn you saw that?"

He nods, "now what's wrong?"

"My social worker found my birth father set up a time for me to meet him. And then to add on to it I'm also going to prison to see the person who I thought was my father."

"Damn."

"Yeah."

"You alright? You need anything?" He asks.

"No I'm good. I might need the day off when I have to meet them, though." 

"Yeah no problem just text me the dates." He says and goes back to editing.

He knows that I clearly don't want to talk about it and he doesn't push. He's not as big of a choch off camera and I really appreciate it.

I nod and go back to organizing Logan's week but I can't seem to get anything done.

I keep thinking about meeting my birth father. Is he going to have other kids? Will I have any half siblings? I'm just nervous. Sandra texts me and let's me know that I'll talk to them both tomorrow.

"Logan." I say, getting his attention. 

He looks up, "yeah?" 

"Tomorrow. I need tomorrow off. I'm sure I won't need the whole day but I don't know how long I'll be."