sixty seven.

[ CHAPTER 67 ]

Zach's POV

"Zach, please don't worry. Just come get me. There's someone following me, I don't know who he is but-" She starts but is cut off.

"You don't remember me Tessa, dear?" I hear a mans voice, faintly.

"Tessa? Who is that? Babe? What's going on? What's wrong?" I ask frantically.

I hear their quiet voices through the phone as I press my foot a bit harder on the gas petal, wanting to get to the mall as fast as possible.

"What are you doing here?" She asks.

"Don't you miss me dear?" He laughs, "I know you do, deep down."

"What do you want?" She says, her voice faltering out of fear.

"You."

My heart drops as the phone call ends.

I press harder on the gas, praying that there are no cops from here to the mall. I'm only about a ten minute drive away and I get there in four. Thank god.

As I pull into the parking lot I realize that I don't know what part of the mall they were in. I think she was at the food court when she first called me? Where would she go to get away from someone?

Victoria's Secret.

She always runs in there to get away from Logan because he never wants to go in there while his sister is in there. It makes him uncomfortable and makes her laugh.

I poorly park the car and start running into the mall, on the side closet to Victoria's Secret.

While I run up to the door I see a man carrying a blonde girl to his car.

That's not any blonde girl, that's my blonde girl.

"Hey!" I yell to him.

They both look up at me I see the tears in her eyes that only make me more mad.

I run over there, "what are you doing with my girlfriend?" I ask him.

"Just taking back what's mine." He grins weirdly, looking down at her.

A tear falls from her eyes as her stare burns into my face.

I step forward and punch him in the face as hard as I can, which unfortunately isn't that hard.

But because he was unprepared it still makes him stumble backward as he tries to regain his balance. This allows Tessa to run from his grasp and into my arms. I hug her tightly and kiss her head.

"Please go to the car. Run, Tessa." I whisper as I see him starting to get up.

She hesitates before I reassure her, "I'll be right behind you. I promise, just go."

She nods and runs to the car, away from us. I all care about is that she's safe.

"Stay away from her. Stay away from us." I tell him.

He laughs as he gets up and looks me up and down. "Kid, you're like three feet tall."

"You wouldn't want to hurt a member of one of the biggest bands in America, would you? Tessa knows exactly who you are and what to tell the police. There's cameras in the mall that we can confirm the story with. You aren't going to do anything, if you're smart. It'll ruin your life." I smirk as I play the famous card. It's a low blow but, he's right and he could probably kill me in an instant.

"Tessa's dating a famous boy?" He scoffs in disbelief.

"Yes, yes she is. Now leave us alone or we'll ruin your life." I say and back away slowly.

He stumbles on his words as he groans to himself and gets in his truck and speeds away.

I sigh in relief as I go back to the car, getting in and turning to Tessa.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened? Who the hell is that?" I ask as I pull her from the passengers seat and into my lap.

She wraps her arms around my neck and cries into my chest. I rub her back and rest my head on her shoulder. "It's okay baby, I'm here. I got you. It's okay."

She blows out a puff of air and looks up at me. I use the pads of my thumbs to wipe away those tears falling from her beautiful eyes.

"Baby?"

She looks up at me and offers a sad smile, I return it

She takes a second to compose herself before speaking, "he's my old foster father. The one that abused me and why I went to juvie." She whispers.

I suck in a breath as I hold her tighter, "are you hurt?"

She shakes her head no, "just shaken up."

"Okay, good. I'm so sorry this happened. I don't care how big Logan is, I'm going to kill him for leaving you."

She laughs and shakes her head at me. "He'd kill you instantly, baby."

I frown, "I know but let me be a strong protective boyfriend that is your hero." I whine and pout.

She laughs again and presses her lips to mine, gently. "You are my hero. I don't know where I'd be right now if you hadn't of come."

I grin and push a piece of her hair from her eyes and press a soft kiss to her forehead.

"Seriously, Zachary. You saved me, I love you."

"I love you too," I say trying to wipe the stupid grin off my face, but I know that I won't be able to.

She slides off of my lap and back into her seat, "can we go home now?"

"Your house or mine?" I ask looking over at her, as I put on my seatbelt.

"Yours." She responds instantly, "your bed is comfier then mine and I love it."

I laugh at her and start up the car. "Plus you have comfy clothes and everything in your room smells like you. I just love everything about you and everything that reminds me of you."

I can't wipe that grin off my face as I slowly fall harder and deeper in love with her as she talks.

"I love you." I say as I rest my hand gently on her thigh and drive back to my house.

...

we all gucci now don't worry lol

don't forget to vote!!

also pls comment some titles you think would work good for the sequel— obviously you don't know the exact concept but still some thoughts that I could use or create something from :)

i'll ofc give you credit !! thanks!

-av <3