twenty two.

[ CHAPTER 22 ]

Tessa's POV

As I'm skating to Starbucks I know that the rest of the boys will probably be there too because Jack and I planned it in the group chat.

I don't really mind though, I kind of want to see them again. I haven't seen or talk to each other in a while.

I kind of miss them, in a weird way.

I don't really know Jonah and Corbyn but they're still super nice.

I roll into Starbucks and put my board under my arm.

When I walk in I see the noodle head and his buddies, I smile and walk over.

"Hey, you aren't covered in blood this time!" Jack smiles.

"Yeah! I've learned to ride a skateboard since last time," I laugh.

He laughs too and I hug the rest of the boys and sit down in between Zach and Jack.

"So what's up with you peeps? Long time no see!" I say, trying to be energized and all.

I get a chorus of "nothing much" "same old same old" and "just chilling" and some shrugs too.

I laugh, "man you guys are very talkative."

They all laugh too.

"Sorry, love." Zach laughs and puts his arm around me.

I try not to smile too hard and I know that I am when Jack elbows me in the stomach.

I look over at him and he smirks at me, I roll my eyes but smile because I am having a genuinely good time.

I'm having a really good time until,

"Tessa!" I hear.

"Fuck," I say and sit up and turn around. The rest of the boys turn to face her, too.

Elizabeth comes over to the table and I'm pissed that she actually came here.

"Hello." I say bluntly.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming here?"

"You weren't home, and you don't care. I didn't feel the need to, Elizabeth."

"Um I do care and you need to tell me when you leave my house." She pops her hip and crosses her arms.

"Can you please not make a scene? I will see you back at your house." I say calmly, rolling my eyes.

"Tessa Allen do not roll your eyes at me." She says sternly.

"You know damn well that is not my last name and I'd appreciate if you respected that. How did you even know I was here?"

"You came here last time with your friend. Now who are these boys?" She asks trying to be a regular mom.

"That's Corbyn, Jonah, Daniel, Jack and Zach." I say pointing to all of them as I say their name.

"And are you dating any of them?"

"No. We are friends. Now I don't know when or if I am coming back to your house. Please leave. Now."

She looks at me and opens her mouth, "Elizabeth, leave." I say before she can talk.

She sighs and shakes her head at me and turns around and leaves.

"God fucking dammit, Elizabeth. I'm sorry guys I did not know that was going to happen." I say to them.

"Who was that?" Zach asks.