Annabeth X Fem! Reader - Picnics and Promises

Since Valentine's Day was so close to your birthday, you never really cared about it. Sure, it wasn't as bad as a Christmas birthday, but all you ever really got was left over candy. So you ignored the holiday. It didn't exist to you. That was until you got into a relationship with Annabeth Chase.

She made you love the holiday again and never gave you a Valentine's birthday gift. She always said that they were two different things and should be celebrated as much. That made you very happy.

You had been dating for two years now and were both seventeen. For those two years you had done something for Valentine's Day but you heard no plans come out of Annabeth's mouth. You wondered briefly if something was going on, but quickly pushed it out of your mind. Nothing was wrong and she probably forgot. Happened all the time.

You walked over to her cabin and asked one of her brothers where she was.

"She went to your cabin," Josh said. "She was lookin' for you."

"Okay. Thanks!" You said.

Practically skipping, you got to your cabin and looked for her. Not seeing her anywhere, you sighed and went to your bunk. Barely after sitting down, Connor and Travis walked up to you.

"If you're looking for Annabeth, she just left," Connor said.

"But she told us to give you this." Travis held out a piece of paper and you took it.

"Have fun!" They both said and you stuck your tongue out at them. You opened the note and instantly relaxed when you saw Annabeth's neat handwriting.

"I'll pick you up for dinner at six. Dress warm."

Her words made you smile. She hadn't forgotten. You let out a squeal, pressed the note to your chest and fell backwards onto your bed with a little 'oomph'. A smile was plastered onto your face as you gathered some clothes and made a beeline for the bathroom so you could change.

A couple minutes later you were all ready. You had on a nice, long sleeved, pink shirt and a black skirt with leggings. It wasn't too cold so you didn't have to wear a jacket. Since it wasn't six yet, you sat down at your bunk and read for a bit. You only got a couple chapters in before Annabeth showed up.

"Earth to [y/n]!" Annabeth said, moving your attention away from your book.

"Annabeth!" You said. You got up and hugged her tightly before giving her a kiss. She responded gladly and kissed you deeper before pulling away.

"As much as I love doing that, if we don't leave now we'll never get back before curfew." You looked at her strangely.

"Where are we going?" You asked.

"You'll see!" She said. She grabbed your hand and pulled you out of your cabin and up towards Thalia's Tree. At the top of the hill you could see a blanket set out with a little basket keeping it in place. A few candles cast light over everything and your hands flew up to cover your mouth.

"Do you like it?" Annabeth asked. All you could do was nod in awe.

"I'm glad you do. Unfortunately, Chiron wouldn't let me take some of the food for tonight's dinner so I made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner with root beer to drink and strawberries for dessert."

"That all sounds delicious," you said. "Thank you."

You shared a sweet kiss then got to eating. Soon after the main course, the sun started setting. You curled up to Annabeth and ate strawberries while you watched the sun go down. Neither of you wanted to leave this moment until you started falling asleep in her arms. With a big yawn you both got up and cleaned up your mess. Then you made your way back down hand-in-hand.

When you got there, Annabeth let go of your hand and pulled you into a kiss. After the kiss, she brought out a box. Inside was a promise ring.

"I know we're young but with our lives it's now or never." She took a deep breath. "[Y/n], I love you. You're the light of my life and I want it to stay that way. Will you accept this promise ring?"

By this point you were in tears. You croaked out a 'yes' and threw yourself into her arms. Annabeth's face lit up and after the hug, slipped the ring on your finger.

"I love you," she said. "Now get to bed. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I love you too," you said. You gave her one last kiss and a wave goodbye before heading inside. When you got to your bunk, a gigantic teddy bear and a ton of chocolates were waiting for you. The biggest smile appeared on your face. You couldn't contain your happiness. A content sigh sounded from your lips as you laid down with your new teddy bear.

"Best Valentine's Day ever," you whispered to yourself before falling asleep.