Peter Parker X Reader - Turning Around

You were only nineteen when both of your parents died. They left behind you and your two little brothers. Evan was eleven and Levi was eight. Your aunt and uncle helped out as much as they could, but they lived on the other side of the country so they couldn't do much. It was greatly appreciated though.

Your boyfriend's aunt helped too. She gave your brothers Peter's old clothes and often cooked meals for them when you were stuck at work. About a month after the car accident, the three of you had to move out of your house and into a tiny two-bedroom apartment. You had started working overtime and got another job. Pushing the thought of college to the back of your mind you focused on keeping things as normal as possible for your brothers. They didn't need to know how stressful it was for you.

Peter kept them company when you were at work. He also picked them up from school and helped them with homework if they needed it. And when you came home he was always there with some ice cream and one of your favorite movies. You loved him so much and was very lucky he was yours. You didn't know what you would do without him.

---

Six months later you were struggling once more. One of your jobs had let you go and the other cut down your hours. You couldn't believe it. You were going to get kicked out of your apartment. You had nowhere to go, no money to feed your brothers, and soon no roof over your head. Then something you never thought would happen, happened.

"Coming!" You yelled as you wiped your flour covered hands on your apron.

"Yes?" You answered the door, not really paying attention to who it was.

"You are Miss [y/n], correct?"

"That's me— " Your eyes went wide. "Holy shit. You're Tony Stark."

"The one and only, Can I come in?" Tony asked with a smile.

"S-Sure.' You stepped aside and let him before closing the door behind you. Shaking your head and pinching yourself to prove this wasn't a dream, you walked into your living room.

"Can I get you anything Mr. Stark? Tea, lemonade?"

"I don't suppose you have any scotch?"

"Sorry," you said with a shake of your head. "I can't drink yet."

"That's okay. I'll take a lemonade please."

"So what do I owe the honor?" Tony took the glass you offered him as you sat down on the couch.

"I saw that you needed a place to stay."

"Did Peter tell you?" He shook his head.

"No. I like to keep tabs on everyone that could be a potential target. And since you know that Peter is Spiderman, that includes you and your brothers."

"Well that would have been nice to know."

"None of them know. Puts them at even more risk."

"Makes sense," you said. "But why come in person? Wouldn't an email be easier?"

"Would you have thought it was actually me if I did that?"

"No, I guess not," you said with a laugh. "So what are you proposing exactly?"

"You'll live at the compound, all three of you. Evan and Levi can go to the same school's they're going to now and you can go to college. I'll pay for everything."

"What's the catch?"

"Sorry?"

"What's the catch? An offer like this rarely happens without a catch. So what is it?"

"There is none," Tony said. "Promise."

"You're serious." He nodded and you let out a relieved laugh. "Oh my gosh you're the best Mr. Stark! I don't think I'll be able to thank you enough!"

"You don't have to thank me kiddo. I saw what you did for your brothers. You needed this and I was more than happy to help."

The front door opened, Peter and your brothers were coming into the apartment.

"[Y/n]? You home?"

"I'm here Peter. Someone else is too!"

"Is it May?"

You were about to answer when Levi yelled, "Ironman!" Evan gasped audibly form the front hall and you let out a giggle.

"Hi boys!" You said. "Mr. Stark here is going to tell you something and I need you to listen very carefully okay?"

"Okay!" They chimed. While Tony told them the news, you walked up to Peter.

"Thank you for picking them up for me," you murmured after kissing him gently.

"You're welcome. I love to pick them up anyways," he said. "So Mr. Stark is here huh?"

"Yup. He said that we can go live at the compound and I can actually go to college like I wanted."

"That's amazing! I bet the boys are super stoked." He picked you up and twirled around. You let out a little shriek before laughing.

"Alright you lovebirds. I'm heading out. Noon tomorrow some people will come by to help you pack and move. I'll see you after," Tony said.

"That sounds awesome. Thank you so much again, Mr. Stark!" You said. He winked at you then walked out of your apartment.

Turning to Peter you embraced him again before whispering, "Things are finally turning around."

You couldn't keep the smile off of your face for the rest of the day.