Long Time no See [Pt. 1]

guys i'm in auckland and tom felton is coming to armageddon here and i can't breathe. anyway...

{your pov}

"(Y/n)! (Y/n) dear I need your help here for a second!" I hear the old man's voice yell. I instantly drop the book I was reading and run down rows of wands to see Garrick clinging onto a shelf as he keeps the ladder stable. "Ah dearest, you wouldn't mind passing me that box on the ground, would you?"

I look around the floor and more than just a box on the ground. "T-the one with a wand in it." This whole shop is full of boxes with wands. I don't say that though as I know Garrick is getting rather old and can't think straight. "U-umm... the blue one." That narrows it down to five boxes. "With the label half torn off." Two boxes. "Umm. There! By your feet!" I smile as I pick up the box carefully and hand it to Garrick.
"Ah thanks, dear. You're a huge help here!"

"Mr. Ollivander, would you like me to do the sorting for now?" I ask, wanting him to get down so he doesn't hurt himself. "I don't want you getting hurt."

"Oh don't worry, dear, I've got this." Just as he says this, the bell on the door rings throughout the shop. "Go on now, dear, go serve your first customer." He grins.

"A-are you sure?"

"Yes dear I think you're ready for this. Go on now, don't keep them waiting." I grin and run to the front.

"Hi and welcome to Ollivanders! How may I hel-Draco?"

"Ah (Y/n)? I had no idea you worked here?" The one and only Draco Malfoy exclaims.

"I-I just started yesterday actually." I stammer, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Well it's great to see you again! How are you? I haven't seen you since we graduated!" He grins. I've never seen Draco Malfoy so happy.

"Umm good I guess?"

"Just good? C'mon tell me, what's happened in the world of (Y/n)?"

I shrug. "Honestly not much. I left Hogwarts and was planning on working towards being an Auror but that's way too high for me, haha." I awkwardly laugh.

"That it? C'mon some thing interesting must have happened?"

I shrug again. "Well my mother got sick so I have this job to try pay for medical requirements."

"Aww I'm sorry that happened. What about marriage? Do you have a man in your life?" I shake my head. "Oh ok."

"Well what about you? The infamous Draco Malfoy must have a woman in his life?"

He smiles. "Yeah well I had a wife but we divorced. She said she didn't want to raise Scorpius." That's when I realise another miniature Malfoy standing next to him. "I'm actually here looking for a wand for him.

"Yes yes I'm coming." Garrick's voice sounds through the shop. "Now let's see, Scorpius is it?" The boy nods. "Alright come with me." The two disappear off somewhere looking for a wand, leaving me and Draco alone.

"So nothing else interesting?" Draco asks again.

"No I have a pretty boring life I guess." I sigh. "I really miss Hogwarts."

"Yeah as much as I hate to admit it, so do I." Draco sighs. I lean against the desk as Draco stands a metre away from me. "Hey seeing as Scorpius is about to head of to Hogwarts soon, we'll both be pretty lonely..."

"What are you saying Draco?"

"I'm saying... wanna like... do stuff together?"

"D-do stuff?" My ind instantly wanders down a sick path.

"I-I-I mean like... date! I mean dinner date! I mean dinner! Or lunch! Anything!" He blurts out and my eyes widen. He sighs and ruffles his hair. "Wanna go for dinner some time?"

I smile as my heart picks up pace and try to keep my cool. "Yeah sure, I would love to."

"Great! So when are you free?"

"Umm... literally any time I have like... no life whatsoever." I laugh, as does Draco.

"Okay well... I could drop Scorpius at my father's house and maybe... pick you up tonight?" He smirks, causing my heart to beat a million times faster.

"Sure, I would love that." I smile.

"Okay well I'll see you then." He says as he spots Scorpius running out with a wand. "Pick you up here at 6?"

I nod. "Sounds great."

"See you then, (Y/n). It was great bumping into you again." He pays Ollivander.

I wave at him as he leaves the shop.

"So you know Draco Malfoy, eh?" Garrick smiles.

"Haha yeah, we used to be in the same house in Hogwarts." I smile. "We're going for dinner tonight."

"Ah well it's nice for you to finally have some company rather than little old me for once haha." He smiles. "Now come help me with the wands that fell. Scorpius is quite the trouble maker." He chuckles.

I smile and mumble, "I wonder where he got that from."