Miss me? [Pt. 4]

this was only going to have one part but as requested by quite a few, here's part... 4

I've done everything in my power to look after her and protect her. I've held her in her darkest times and been the one to give her the best. I've landed quite a few detentions while trying to protect her but I don't care, I'm not letting her get hurt.

Even though that whole year of not being with her wasn't real, it still feels as though I've let her down in some way. Even though that dementor didn't exist, I still feel regret for not saving her.

But all that pain and regret is just simply a fragment of my imagination. She's real now and will always be real.

I've never told anyone about what I saw in the white room. Throughout the years I have now dated her, I still can't forget that one image of her dying and her in a wedding dress.

"This could've been us."

She whispered.

Yes, (Y/n), yes it could've been us.

And seeing you now,
I'm glad to say that it is us.

[this is where i kind of had writers block through the rest of the chapter so sorry that it's crap

I watch as she slowly walks down the isle, a bouquet of white flowers clasped in her hands - just like in the vision I had of her.

I had to hold myself from tearing up. I bite down on my lower lip so hard it turns cold. There are rows of everyone I've ever known all standing and looking at my beautiful bride.

Her head is down and features are hidden behind a veil. Her long white dress drags behind her. Finally, she stops in front of me and looks up. I can see a small smile hidden underneath the veil.

The priest speaks but I drown him out. Too busy caught up in my own memories. "You may say your vows."

"(Y/n)." I whisper and smile. "My beautiful bride. I have loved you for longer than you think. Everything about you is beautiful even if no one else thinks so. When I first met you I made a promise to myself that I would protect you. And I did. I remember thinking one time that I didn't and I had let you go so easily. It tore me to pieces."  I take a long pause. "But seeing your beautiful face, bright with laughter, it reminded me that I would never let you go like that. That my promise means more than just a promise. It means a lifetime assurance to you that I will always be there. That I love you more than anything in the world and will protect you till the end of time."

(Y/n) tears up, I can see it through the veil that I now lift up over her face. Some part of my brain is expecting to see what I saw in my vision. A broken angry hideous bride. A melting face with makeup cascading down her face.

But I don't see that at all.

Instead I see my beautiful bride with a single shining droplet rolling down her cheek as she takes a deep breath.

"Draco Malfoy." She starts, her voice a little wobbly. "You saved me once and I know you'll do it again. I know you'll be there for me. Because you're brave and smart." She stops and looks around as if she's thinking. "Well... maybe not smart because what you did almost got you killed." Chuckles were sounded throughout the room. "You're an ass, Draco Malfoy." She laughs. "But you do it for me. You do anything for me which surprises me but I know... you do it out of love. And I love you too, Draco." She smiles. "I would look after you but you're already doing that so..." Everyone laughs. "So instead I'll cook and clean." The laughter grows. She has a grin spread across her face. I've always found her laugh the most beautiful thing ever.

"I'll protect you just so I can see you smile." I whisper. No one else could hear apart from her and possibly the priest. Another tear rolls down her cheek.

"Do you, Draco Malfoy, take (Y/n) (L/n) to be your lawfully wedded wife." I nod. "To love and look after, till death do you part?"

"I do." I say without hesitation.

"And do you, (Y/n) (L/n), take Draco Malfoy to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to hold, till death do you part?" She nods.

"I do."

I've never heard words that have made me happier before in my life. Those two words change my entire life. Change our entire life. I will protect her to the end.

"You may now-oh ok or do that..." Before the priest could finish his sentence, I've already crashed my lips against (Y/n)'s. Savouring the taste of her lips and the feeling of her body figure against mine.

I pull away after a while and she smiles, a blush clearly showing through her makeup. "I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too, Draco."

"And I promise... I will protect you. I'll never be far away from you for so long ever again."

"You better not." She smiles.
"Because I'd miss you."