Mistletoe [Pt. 1]

i am well aware that normally they go home for christmas but i've decided not to do that for this story.
i know i haven't updated in a while get over it thanks.

{your pov}

I groan as I feel the room light up with someone opening the curtains. Instantly I hide my head under the covers.

"C'mon, (Y/n)! Wake up!" (F/n) yells and jumps on my bed. "You don't wanna sleep all the way through Christmas, do yo?"

"Ugh, fine! Get off my bed!" She giggles and runs away.

~~~

After washing up and changing, I trudge down the stairs into the Slytherin commons. It's packed with people chatting happily and wearing ugly sweaters and sharing presents. 'Santa tell me' was playing across the room and some were singing very loudly to. Others not actually knowing the lyrics but trying their best.

"(Y/n)!" Pansy yells. "Glad to see you finally wake up." She says smugly and puts her hands on her hips.

"Oh shut up, Pansy."

I notice how there are stacks of presents under the tree, each with a name tag on them.

I take a quick scan and don't see any with my name on it. I sigh and shrug, not expecting any anyway. I reach into my pocket and take out the one I had for (F/n)

"(F/n), I got you something!" I smile and hand her the small box. Inside was a pair of golden earring and a matching gold and silver necklace.

"Oh my gosh, (Y/n)! This is beautiful! Thank you so much, I love it. Here's yours." Her's was a bit bigger than mine.

I open it and inside was a box which contained a bunch of notes, letters and pictures. "They're just stuff I've saved from over time. Notes, cards, journal pages and all that cheesy stuff." She grins. "Sorry I didn't realise that you had spent a lot of money on mine, I'll buy you a bunch of stuff toda-" I cut her off with a hug. I feel like I want to cry almost, (F/n) is my closest friend, sister basically, she's always been there for me and I love her so much more than anyone else in the world.

"This is worth more than money! I love it, and you."

She smiles. "I'm glad. Hey did you get anything else from under the tree?" I shake my head at her question, then I realise that she's got a small pile of presents of her own.

"Oh wow, you have a lot. Who are they all from?"

"Some from other friends and others I'm not sure. Secret admirers they say." I roll my eyes at her.

"Of course you do." We laugh.

"Aww well I'm sorry you didn't get anything else. Are you sure? Lemme check." I appreciate her trying to cheer me up but I'm honestly not that bothered. "Wait that one has your name on it, I'm pretty sure."

She points to one not that far away from us. It was a relatively small sized box. But before I could even get a closer look, the gift is snatched away by none other than Draco Malfoy. I look at him in shock and he avoids eye contact and just walks away with the gift.

"Huh, maybe it wasn't your name, I didn't quite see it clearly." (F/n) says. I shrug, not all that bothered, but confused by Draco's behaviour. He of course has the most amount of gifts, most of which he leaves behind as he walks out the commons, leaving Crabbe and Goyle to rip them open.

~~~

The day goes by annoyingly slowly. We still had classes but they were relatively lowkey so we didn't do much work. After school, Slytherin were planning on raiding Three Broomsticks and having our own party there, kicking everyone else out.