Miss me? [Pt. 1]

I'm rocking back and forth on my heels as my palms sweat. I rub them for the umpteenth time against my pants. The nurse eventually walks out. I look at her expectantly but she doesn't say anything. Next thing I see is a bed being rolled out the room with a black cover over it. There's visibly a body lying underneath it.

My eyes start sweating as I look back to the nurse. She just sighs and looks down and shakes her head.

"S-she's... okay?" I ask. "Right?"

"No Draco. She's not." The nurse whispers. I collapse to the floor and bury my face in my hands. I shake violently as I let my mind blur over and tears take over.

I feel a hand pat my back and then heels walk off back into the infirmary. I'm now left alone as a sobbing mess outside the closed doors where my lover took her last breath.

x-X-x

One year later and I've never been the same. I never spoke unless necessary. I barely make eye contact and I barely eat. Just enough so I can survive. I've had people come up to me, ask if I'm okay. Of course I'm not. Why would I be? I don't lie to them but I don't even answer majority of the time.

I've had people just sit there as I cry to my hearts content and they don't stop me. Rather comfort me. Honestly, sometimes I pretend the person who's holding me is (Y/n). It breaks my heart every time when I look up and don't see her.

x-X-x

The pain shoots through my chest. Takes over my whole body. "Draco!" People scream my name as I collapse to the ground. "Draco no!" More screams of my name. "Quick get him inside! Someone help!!" I'm surprised their voices haven't broken from the amount of screaming.

I want to tell them to not help me. I want to tell them to let me fall onto the frozen ground and lie peacefully. I feel my body move around but my vision blacks out as I suck in my last breath of poisoned air.

x-X-x

My eyes flicker open slowly. Everything's so bright, it blinds me. I try to look around but it's all just bright light. I wince as I sit up. I see nothing. I stand up and see I'm back in my Hogwarts uniform. My shoes echo around me.

Where am I?

I then hear another set of shoes. I see a girl in a uniform. A Hogwarts uniform. A Slytherin symbol on it. I look up to see the eyes I've missed my entire life. The eyes that sooth me. The eyes that bring me home. A soft smile is placed upon her angelic face. She stands at a distance but it feels like we're so close.

"Hi Draco." Her voice is soft and harmonic.
"Miss me?"