Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I pulled the car into the parking spot that stated my position. Head Designer. I unbuckled Jake from him car seat and placed him on my hip before grabbing my handbag and locking the car. We went inside the automatic doors, cold air from the air con slowly seeping onto my skin. I gave a smile to Marina.

“Nora, surprised to see you here. I thought you were off today?” She said and I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

“So did I.” I laughed and I went into the lift, pushing the button for level 3 while still holding Jake on my hip. We travelled up and the doors opened with a bing. I walked through the desks to Christian’s and spotted him slouched over, his back facing me. I tip-toed to behind him and jerked him on the shoulders harshly before bursting out laughing. He yelled slightly, before turning around and punching my playfully in the side.

“Don’t do that!” He said half laughing. “I was signing something and I stuffed it up and it’s all your fault!” He said in a childish way, laughing. I looked down at the piece of paper he was signing to find doodles of crosses and signatures all over it. I gave out a laugh.

“I see you’re doing some hard work there.” I chuckled and he placed a finger over his lip, making me laugh even more. Jake giggled and Christian’s blue eyes flicked over to him.

“Hello little man.” Christian said with a wide smile. Jakes eyes widened as Christian reached out and tapped Jake on the nose gently. Jake giggled making us laugh.

“Here you go Jakey.” I said as I lent forwards and placed him on Christian’s desk, holding him under his arms to keep him up. “Ok so what’s the problem?” I asked, getting straight to the point.

“Oh yeah, umm, the boss told me to ask you to show me how to use the system on here.” He said gesturing to the computer. I frowned and glanced at it then back at his cloudy blue eyes. I squinted at him and then leaned over to the computer, his eyes still following mine.

“Okay, so what do you need help with?” I asked, glancing at him to see his were admirably staring into mine. It was silent for a moment, his eyes were locked on mine. “Christian?”

He snapped out of his daze immediately, shaking his head slightly and looking at the screen. “Oh um never mind…I think I’ve got the hang of it now.” I flicked my eyes to his and chuckled.

“Ok then…” I replied, raising an eyebrow at him. Then there was a slightly awkward moment of silence.

“Hey, what do you say to getting a cup of coffee across the road?” Christian asked, breaking the silence.

“Sure, that would be great.” I nodded and a smile broke onto his face.

“Great.” He said, repeating me with a smile.

“So, how old is he again?” Christian asked as he gestured to Jake who was sitting in his lap giggling.

“He’ll be one in a week.” I said with a smile.

“He’s a cute little bugger isn’t he.” Christian said with a smile and I laughed.

“That’s exactly what he is.” I replied chuckling. Christian and I talked about work and our families. Then came the question I knew he was bound to ask. Not necessarily that exact question, but something near it.

“So, does Jake look like his dad?” He asked, his blue eyes looking so innocent as my stomach panged with the mention of his dad.

“He has his dad’s eyes and my hair.” I said with a small, shy smile. Christian nodded smiling slightly, yet his eyebrows seemed to frown.

“So who is-” He began saying but I interrupted him, knowing what he was asking.

“When do you want to go to the café then?” I asked, his eyes flicking up to mine.

“Oh umm, now then.” He said with a smile making me smile. I grabbed Christian’s bag and he question my actions gesturing to Jake.

“You can take him.” I answered with a smile. “He’s usually not good with strangers but he seems to be really comfy around you.”

“Well, I do love kids.” He said making me laugh.

“Me too.” I chuckled. 

Okay so, sorry for another short chapter but at least it has Christian in it! ❤

WARNING: Next chapter is where ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE! {ok maybe not ALL, but most of it!} Photo in the side is Ash :D

Charlotte xx