Chapter 1

Layla POV
The sun streamed in through the window and I groan as the sunlight makes its way to my eyes.

My hand reaches up to my face and I rub away some of the sleepiness.

I throw my warm blankets off my bed and sit up and stretch out my arms letting out a big yawn.

I place my feet on the floor and walk to the bathroom to start my day.

I shower, brush my teeth, brush my hair, etc.

I pick out my outfit for the day which consisted of some skinny jeans and a red tank top.

Looking towards my bed I notice Grayson wasn't there sleeping. He had gone out last night and said he was going to be back late.

But I don't see him here.

I check my phone for any messages and find none. I walk out of my room and look into the guest bedroom.

Grayson lays flopped onto the bed, dead asleep. A smile cross my face and I close the bedroom door and make my way to the kitchen.

Abbi and Alli sit at the table finishing their cereal.

" Good morning Girls, are you all ready for school?" I ask grabbing an apple and biting into it.

" Almost, just need to get our bags ready" Alli says picking up her empty bowl and putting it into the dishwasher. Abbi does the same and both girls race upstairs and grab their bags.

I pull out a pen and a sticky note from the drawer and write down a note for Grayson telling him I was out driving the girls to school then getting groceries.

I leave the note on the counter and grab my car keys and sunglasses.

I slip on my shoes and grab the list of things I needed for groceries.

" Girls! You're going to be late for school, hurry up" I yell out to them. The girls race down the stairs and put on their shoes and we all walk out the door and into the car.

A few minutes later and the girls hop out of the car and walk into their school.

I wave goodbye to them and drive off to go shopping.

Ever since I've moved in I've kinda taken the role of a care taker.

I'm making all the meals. I pack the girls bags and lunches. I buy all the food and necessities we need.

Grayson does work and bring in the money but it does get tiring sometimes doing all the work.

Calli had found a boyfriend and moved in with him and I couldn't be more happy. After everything's she's been through she finally was happy for once.

After picking up everything we needed at the grocery store I pack all the heavy bags into the car and make my way back to the house.

I walk into the house and find Grayson sitting at the kitchen table eating cereal.

" Hey Gray, can you help me with the groceries please?" I ask him. He looks up from his bowl and growls. He looks back down and continues eating.

" Grayson?" I ask him confused on why he was acting like this. I do everything for him and he acts like this? I'm asking one small thing of him. Gosh lately he's been acting like a real a*s.

Grayson flips me off and I let out a huff in anger. I race to the front door and slam it closed.

I go to the back of the car and open up the trunk. I grab the heavy bags and make my way to the front door.

I trudge my way through the house and slip on Grayson's sweater he left lying around.

I scream and the bags go flying with everything in it spilling out onto the floor.

Pain rushes through my wrist and I let a few tears roll down my cheeks.

I look up to see if Grayson would help but he was nowhere to be found.

The overwhelmingness of everything going on gets to me and I give out.

My shoulders shake and I cry my heart out.

I'm not happy anymore.

He's been taking me for granted recently and I've had enough. I didn't go through h*ll and back just to end up in another unhappy relationship.

Something needs to be said.

I get up and walk all the way upstairs. I make my way to our bedroom and walk in.

Grayson lays on the bed scrolling through his phone not bothering to look up at me.

" Grayson we need to talk" I announce to him. He hums in annoyance but doesn't bother to look up from his phone.

" Grayson can you please just listen to me for a f*cking minute?" I yell at him causing him to look up at me.

Many emotions swirl through his eyes but he masks it with his cold stare.

" Grayson, I can't do this anymore. I'm unhappy. All I ever do is all the chores. I understand you work but you can help too in this house" I say angrily. He rolls his eyes and sighs.

" You can leave if your unhappy here, I'm not keeping you here like your father" He says going back to his phone. I stare at him in shock and tears roll down my cheeks.

" Do you hear yourself right now?"

" I hear myself loud and clear and so should you. If you want to leave then leave. I don't need you and I never needed you. If it wasn't for me you'd be dead in your bathroom! I was the one who saved you, I was the one you needed and I never needed you" He yells at me.

" F*ck you Grayson" I spit out to him slamming the door shut. Tears wash my cheeks and go back to the kitchen.

I clean up the mess I made and throw his sweater on the couch so the girls wouldn't hurt themselves.

My head was screaming at me to leave Grayson right there and then but I couldn't, I can't.

He needs me and I need to be there for him. No matter how much he tries to hurt me I'll stay.

I love him and I won't leave him when he needs me the most.

*A/N*

And there you have it!! First chapter!! I've had such a busy day so I'm sorry it's up later than expected.

What do you think about Grayson? What do you think about Layla?

Vote and Comment what you think! Thanks so much for all your love an support on TBBSM! I really appreciate it.

Follow me!! (@BlueSea2124 ) for more updates on this book.

Stay Lovely💞

Xoxo, Laura