Chapter 20

Jack POV

"Aaron. You will not believe the call I just received" I yell out to him. For the past few weeks that Grayson has been captured. We've tried everything to get him out but have heard no word from him. For all we knew, he had been killed.

"Grayson's earpiece still works and he told me that him and Layla were captured in a small unknown room. But with this frequency, I can locate exactly which room they are in and we can go from there." I tell Aaron. We were still crashing at the cottage till we figured things out.

"We're going to need a team. I can't just go in alone." Aaron says. I nod my head and turn to my earpiece.

"Grayson, You there? We need help assembling a team. We don't really have the connections like you have with other people." I say.

"Guys, I'm stuck in a rotting room with Layla. I've been stuck here for the past few weeks. Do you really think I can help you assemble a team to save me?" Grayson replies sarcastically.

"Hold on" Grayson grumbles. I hear mumbling and shuffling and here a female voice.

"Hey it's Layla. Listen, when I went to go find Grayson I assembled my own team. Now, they aren't professionals but they will do. I taught them everything Grayson taught me." She tells me their names and their number and the hotel they were staying at. I thank her and look at Aaron.

"Let's hope this works." I sigh and we both head out to the van.

Aaron hops into the drivers seat and I hop into the back. I pull out my phone and call Ina.

"Who the h*ll are you and why are you calling me?" A female voice yells into the phone.

"Are you Ina?" I ask her.

"Yes and who wants to know?" She rudely asks and I internally roll my eyes.

"I do not have time for this. My name is Jack and I know where Layla and Grayson have been captured. Now this is where you and your friends come in. I need you to help us save Grayson and Layla. Meet us outside your hotel in 3 minutes. I'll be waiting" I tell her hanging up the phone.

We soon pull up to the hotel and see two girls and a guy awkwardly standing outside. We pull up beside them and tell them to get it in. They obey and hop into the back of the van with me.

"Hi. I know you are all confused and I just want to make it clear we are on your side. We are not the enemy" I look at their faces and can't help but to smile in amusement. The two women sat with a scowl on their face and arms crossed, giving off the bad *ss vibe while the man sat with his hands shaking, his eyes darting around the whole van in fear.

"You think this is funny, just tell us what you know" The woman in the middle says, which I now realize is Ina.

"We're Grayson's friends. I'm Jack and he's Aaron. Anyway, we were all involved in a gang and managed to get out. But now the gang leader has come after Grayson and now Layla too. They're locked in a room at one of the Reptiles bases and we need help to get them out. Tonight, we plan to go in the base and save Grayson and Layla. But we need a team, and you guys are the best we can get in this short of notice. Now I'm not going to ask if you're willing to do this because you really have no choice. You got tangled into this mess and you can't get out." I explain to them. The man gulps and his hands shake even more, I almost feel bad for the guy. Why did Layla drag him into this mess? Ina and her sister nod and agree to help us save them.

We head back to where Aaron and I have been staying and we discuss what roles everyone will have and the basic game plan we would need to complete the mission successfully.

"The plan is simple" I start. Everyone was sitting around a table and I had a pen and paper out in front of me to help explain. I look up at everybody then back down at the paper.

"Beckett, you will be our get away driver and our look out. Once we go through those doors, it's your job to make sure no one enters in after us" I look at him and he nervously nods his head. "You will be positioned right outside the base, hidden by the bushes."

"Ina and Nakiya, You will follow me and I'll lead you to where Grayson and Layla are located. Aaron, You will defend us and make sure no one is in our way."

"How many Reptiles do you suspect will be in there?" Nakiya asks.

"Anywhere from 100-200. That's why we want to be as quick as possible and make sure everything goes as planned. One slight mess up could cost someones life." Aaron says seriously. That last sentence seemed to freak all three of them when they realized that we aren't playing games.

"These men don't mess around. If you let them, they will kill you. That is exactly why it's important we are all on the same page so when tonight comes, no one will be left behind." Aaron states. He looks over to me and nods. He excuses himself from the table and head over to prepare all of our supplies we will need for tonight.

"Any questions?" I ask sarcastically, watching the fear run over the three pale faces. They sit in silence, each with their heads in their laps, wondering how they got tangled in this mess.

A/N

Hey!! I've posted two chapters today so make sure to read them in ordered.

Vote and comment what you think!

These chapters are crazy and a lot happens so I hope you enjoy.

Next Update will be sometime in March!

Xoxo, Laura