Chapter 6

Grayson's POV
It's been a week since Layla and I made that schedule and it's been stressful. Layla and I made up one night, if you know what I mean but then it went back to being the same.

I'm trying to successfully get everything ready for when I have to leave but Layla keeps on getting in the way.

She's making me take care of my sisters, even though that's reasonable, I need some time to myself to ensure everything gets done properly.

Tomorrow I leave. Tomorrow is when I leave and permanently stay at the warehouse.

Tonight's my last night here with the girls and Layla. Today I spent the whole day at the house hanging with my 3 most important girls.

There was still big tension between Layla and I but we put that aside for one day and we watched movies, ate a lot of candy, played games... I even let them paint my nails.

But sadly the day was winding down and it was time for the girls to go to bed.

" I want Grayson to take us to bed" Abbi says with Alli agreeing.

I look towards Layla and she smiles telling me it's ok. I scoop up both girls and carry them to their rooms. I place them into their beds and tuck them into their blankets.

" I love you girls so much you know that right? These past few months for me have been stressful and I know I haven't been the best big brother in the world. But everything I do is to protect you. Sometimes you won't understand why I do the things I do but please don't be angry at me. Ok?" I tell the girls. Even though they are too young to understand any of this, I still wanted them to know that I love them so much.

" Ok, I love you too" Alli says and I kiss her head goodnight. She gently closes her eyes and I turn to Abbi.

" I love you too" Abbi says and I give her a kiss on her head. She gently closes her eyes and I walk out of the room closing the door softly behind me.

Layla stands in the hallway and looks up at me.

" Thank you. The girls really needed you today" She says slightly blushing when I give her a smile.

She smiles back and walks towards the living room. I follow behind her and she grabs her purse and slings it over her body.

" I'm going to head home now, I have lasagna that you can heat up in the fridge for dinner and lunch and breakfast are pretty simple. They know how to get it on their own so you should be all... why are you looking at me like that?" She giggles turning around to look at me. When she was talking her whole body was facing the kitchen and she was pointing to almost everything in the kitchen.

" You're just cute when you explain things" I say causing her to blush even more.

" Well I'm going to go, goodnight Grayson" She says giving me a small smile and walking towards the door.

I grab her wrist and pull her back towards me. She looks up at me in confusion.

" Please don't go" I plead to her showing her a side of me I haven't shown in awhile. Her eyes show many emotions and I know she's having an internal battle between staying or leaving.

" Ok, I'll stay" She says and I pull her into a hug.

" Thank you" I whisper into her hair. She melts into my arms and hugs me back.

I scoop her up in my arms and carry her bridal style all the way to my/ our room. I place her on the bed and she lets out a string of giggles.

I can't help but laugh along as she giggles brightly. Sudden realization hits her and she stays still.

I lay down beside her and she shakes her head.

" Grayson, I'm not ready to..." She looks down and I instantly sit up and bring my hand to her chin lifting it up, so she can properly look at me.

" I just want to snuggle" I tell her and she instantly relaxes.

This is my last night with her. I just want to hold her in my arms, possibly for the last time.

There no guarantee that my plan will work. It could fail and I could be the one to end up in jail, or even worse, I'll be the one dead.

I shiver at the thought of leaving my life behind. I don't want to say goodbye.

I lay back down onto the bed and Layla snuggles into me. She lays her head onto my chest and I wrap my arms around her.

Her soft breaths match with mine and we can almost hear how loud are hearts are beating.

We entangle our legs together and I place a kiss on her cheek.

She looks up into my eyes and whispers something I really needed to hear.

" I love you Grayson" My heart stops when she whispers those words.

" I love you too, Layla" I whisper back and do the only thing I needed to do. I kiss her lips gently and run my fingers through her hair.

I never want to leave this bed. But when the daylight comes I know I'll have to go.

A/N
Please listen to song at end of chapter.

I'M SORRY!! I know I'm a day late of posting. I got caught up helping my dad with chores that I hardly had time to do homework let along post on Wattpad. So I apologize.

How was the chapter though?

Vote and comment what you think!

Next update: Tuesday April 24th, 2018

Xoxo,
          Laura