Chapter 13

Layla POV
Last night I spent a good few hours packing everything I would be needing for this long trip. We didn't know when it would end. Could be a couple days, weeks, months? We just didn't know so I packed a bunch of necessities I would need.

This morning though I didn't feel too well. My stomach turned and flipped and I felt very uneasy.

Was I getting sick right before our trip? I walked to the washroom and stared at my green complexion. Suddenly I rushed to the toilet and threw up. I slumped down onto the floor and feel the sweat fall down my face.

" Hey Layla, Are you packed yet? Ina wants to leave as soon as possible... oh no" Beckett says walking into the bathroom seeing me slumped onto the floor.

" Layla are you okay?" Beckett asks hesitantly walking over to me. I turn away and empty out my stomach again into the toilet.

" Um, I'll go grab Ina. She'll know what to do" Beckett says worriedly while rushing out of the bathroom.

Seconds later I hear Ina mumbling curse words under her breath.

" What do you mean she's not feeling- holy sh*t" Ina says walking into the bathroom. She crouches down and wipes the hair out of my eyes.

" Oh Layla. This isn't good" Ina states while looking behind her.

" Beckett, you can go" Ina says and Beckett leaves with a worried look on his face.

"Did you think this is food poisoning? Or do you think this is just nerves? Maybe you're actually sick... I'll go grab some medicine" She says going to stand up but I reach my hand out telling her to stop.

" This doesn't feel like a normal sickness. I've been sick before and It doesn't feel like this" I tell her and Ina sits back down with a confused look.

" What could it be then?" We sit in silence, not knowing what this could be.

" Lest go to the doctors real quick, they'll probably know what it is" Ina suggests and I agree.

I get ready for the day with my stomach killing me. Why today? We were supposed to be on the road right now trying to find Grayson, now we are getting set back a day because of my stupid stomach.

" I'm sorry Ina. I know you wanted to leave today and I ruined the plans" I tell her feeling super sorry for creating all this mayhem.

" Don't be sorry. Your health goes before this stupid plan anyway. I just want to make sure you're going to be okay" Ina says as we walk out the door and into the car.

Beckett stayed at home, needing more time to pack all his stuff.

Once at the doctors office, we waited in the waiting room for only a couple minutes.

" Layla" A nurse call out, her voice loud and clear. Her black hair was tied up in a messy bun and her clothes were all wrinkly. Dark bags sat under her eyes and her face wore tired.

She smiled non to less and waved us into the room. I grimaced and made my way into the room. My stomach pain wasn't as bad as before but it was still there, showing it's ugly face every once in a while.

Ina and I walked into the room and I sat down on the bed with a thin sheet of paper. The paper scrunched up as I adjusted myself onto the bed. I hated these beds. I swear they just put a rock with paper over it and called it a bed.

Ina sat down in the comfy chairs in the corner of the room and the nurse stood at the door.

" Okay, What seems to be the problem?" She asks me sweetly.

" I'm having killer stomach pains and I don't know why. I don't think I'm sick because it doesn't feel like I'm sick" I tell her scrunching my eyebrows in confusion.

" Okay, well we will run some tests and we'll be able to figure this all out" She says smiling.

After blood tests and urine tests and many others the nurse finally came back with a huge smile on her face.

" So you aren't sick..." She starts and I sigh in relief.

" So what is it then?" Ina asks equally confused as me. If I wasn't sick... then why was I feeling all this pain?

" Congratulations Layla, You are pregnant" The nurse tells me and my mouth drops.

" I'm what?" I shriek out. I look to Ina and her eyes are wide and she looks shook.

" Pregnant. You Layla are pregnant." The nurse says slowly so I understand.

My hands shake and I definitely feel uneasy now. I sit speechless on the rock hard bed.

" Thanks, we will be going now" Ina says. She wraps her arms around me and walks me out to the car.

The car ride was silent. Both Ina and I didn't Know what to say. I didn't even know what to think.

We arrive at the house minutes later and I walk right in and sit on the couch... too dazed to realize Beckett staring at me weirdly.

Ina walks in and says nothing.

" What's going on?" Beckett asks but no one answers.

" This can't be happening. Not now. I'm not ready. He's not here Ina. He's not here to help me. I'm going to be an single mother! I'm going to be a horrible mother" I cry with tears washing over my face.

" What if i turn out to be like my father?" I whisper out and Ina snaps.

" You will not turnout to be that monster. Layla, you are going to be a great mother. You already do so well with Abbi and Alli. Don't worry, Beckett and I will always have your back and you won't have to raise the child alone. We are here for you" Ina says walking over to me and placing her arms around my shoulder.

Beckett stands confused and looks between the two of us before his eyes go wide.

" She's pregnant?!?!" Beckett asks. His face turns white and seconds later he passes out.

A/N
Ahh! I can't believe that happened. Like I seriously can't believe I wrote that.

Anyway, vote and comment what you think! I'm curious how all you guys will react to this chapter!

Xoxo, Laura