Chapter 4

Grayson POV
I wake up the next morning with the girls shaking me.

" Why are you waking me?" I groan out keeping my eyes closed hoping that they go away.

" Layla's gone" Alli says. I bolt up right and I'm wide awake.

I hop out of bed and look down at the girls.

" What do you mean she's gone?" I ask them.

" She left a note on her bed" Abbi says pointing out towards Layla's room.

I race over t her room and notice the note in the bed.

Memories from last night resurface in my mind. Tears gloss over my eyes and I race over to her bathroom checking if she was there. What if she's left me for good?

The bathroom was empty and I let out a small breath. She not there.

I look towards the bed again and pick up the note.

                               ~*~
Dear Abbi, Alli and most likely Grayson,

Grayson and I have decided to take a break from each other, don't worry girls we still love each other so much well at least I hope he does.

I have decided to live with a friend for these next weeks. I'll be safe and nobody needs to come look for me.

I posted a schedule on the fridge, I'll take care of the girls on Mondays, Wednesday's, Friday's and Saturday's.

Grayson, you can take care of the girls every other day.

Xoxo, Layla

                               ~*~

My heart breaks when I read the note. She left me.

How stupid could I be? Pushing her away was probably the most stupid thing I could do.

I should have just told her what was going on when I had the chance. But now she's gone.

" Alright, um go get ready for school" I say to the girls awkwardly.

" I hate you, you pushed her away just like you do with everybody! She was the only one that actually cared for us and now you pushed her away" Alli angrily says to me while leaving the room. Abbi agrees with her sister and leaves the room too.

What have I done?

Once the girls had left for school I hopped into my car and drove to the warehouse.

I walked into the warehouse and spot Jack at one of the many computers in the room.

" Jack, I f*cked up" I say sitting on a chair next to him.

" Let me guess, you pushed Layla away and now she's gone and you could've possibly ruined all chances betweeen you two" Jack says smiling.

" That's not funny, I think I might have lost her for good" I say sadly.

" You didn't, if I know anything about Layla it's that she doesn't just give up. She fights back. Don't look at her taking a break as if she gave up on you, look at it as if she's fighting back. She's giving you a taste of your own medicine. You ignored her and left her with the girls, guess what she's going to do? Ignore you and leave you with the girls." Jack says typing up some coordinates. This whole time he's been talking to me, he's also been doing whatever he does on the computer.

" You're right, thanks man" I say to him slapping his shoulder.

" I'm always right, I don't understand why you get to be the leader. You never use your big head for anything" Jack mumbles to himself.

I send him a glare and walk off towards my little station.

Papers and pens lay all around my table. I grab a paper and start to map out our plan for the reptiles. Better get started.

I arrive home late and see the girls passed out on the kitchen table with empty plates of food. Sh*t.

I gently shake the girls awake and they groan out.

" Have you guys eaten yet?" I ask them and they send me a glare.

" I got stuck at work sorry, I'll make us some sandwiches" I say grabbing the bread from the top shelf. I grab all the other things we would need and place it around the counter.

I whip up some sandwiches and place them on their plates. They gulp down the sandwiches and rub their eyes to keep themselves awake.

I place my sandwich down and pick both girls up in my arms.

I walk up the stairs and gently place them in their beds. I tuck them in and wish them goodnight.

" Gray?" Alli asks me quietly. I turn around and face her.

" I miss you" She says sadly making my heart break.

" I'm right here" I tell her. She shakes her head and frowns.

" The old you, I miss the old you" She says. I nod and kiss her head. I walk out of the room and let out a sigh of frustration.

Everything is ruined! My sisters don't like me anymore and Layla doesn't love me anymore.

All I am is a f*ck up. I almost let my baby sisters starve! I'm the worst brother in the whole f*cking world.

Tears escape my eyes and I slump down against the wall.

Maybe it would be better if I just left. My sisters would do ten times better with Layla. If I was here I'd just mess it up again.

I crawl to the couch and snuggle up on the small couch. My feet hang off the edge but I don't care. I don't care about a lot of things lately.

Layla's coming tomorrow and I'll be able to talk to her. Maybe I'll even tell her what's actually going on.

A/N
This chapter was slow and boring I know. But it was important cause you need to know what's going on.

SORRY ITS A DAY LATE. Yesterday I was so busy and since I'm on March break I forgot what day it was. So sorry.

Vote and Comment what you think!

Next chapter: Tuesday April 10, 2018

Xoxo, Laura