Chapter 2

Grayson POV
I walk out of the house that night and pull up my black hoodie.

As much as I wanted to forget I couldn't get the fight with Layla out of my head.

Her weak voice, her wet cheeks, her blood shot eyes. Even in pain she was still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

And knowing I caused all that pain made me want to die inside. Tears prickled my eyes just thinking about hurting her.

I didn't want her to hurt, that was the last thing I want her to feel is pain.

She been through so much, she doesn't deserve an a-hole like me.

But I had to protect her. I can't let her know about the demons I'm getting evolved with. She needs to be protected and I need to distance myself from her.

I can't have her getting attached to me. It will only be harder when I have to say goodbye.

I already have it planned out, Calli takes the girls to her apartment at the edge of town and Layla gets a sum of my extra cash so she can hopefully find a place of her own.

I'm working my a*s off trying to get extra money to support both Layla and the girls when I'm gone.

They are coming soon and I need to get them to safety and away from me.

I walk down an abandoned alleyway and wait for them to come.

Aaron and Jack.

John knocked up his girl and moved out of the country to protect them. Now looking back at it that would've been smart because now Aaron, Jack and I are all in danger.

I see a skinny figure approach me and I instantly now it's Jack. Jack wasn't the strongest in the group but he sure did know his way with computers.

" Grayson?" Jack asks stepping closer to see my face. I had sent them a paper with our old code on it for we need to deal with certain things.

" It's been like a year since we talked, you still with that hot chick?" Jack asks. I roll my eyes at his term for my girlfriend.

" We are not here to socialize but yes I'm still with that "Hot Chick"" I tell him looking behind him to see if Aaron had showed up.

A muscular figure arrives and I know that it's Aaron.

" Well it's either someone has girl problems again or reptiles have come back to haunt us" Aaron half jokes but notices my serious expression and quickly loses his expression.

" We need to f*cking talk" I tell them and walk out of the alleyway with them following me.

We get to the warehouse in no time and we all stand around the table.

" So why did you call us here?" Jack asks. I look around making sure no one can hear us even though this warehouse has 12 locks on it.

" The reptiles are back. And they are hungry for blood" I tell them causing there faces to go pale.

The Reptiles were a very bad gang. Most of the men were in there 40's and their leader was Johnny.

Johnny's gang was the biggest gang in our city. They would pull off the biggest crimes and never ever get caught.

So when I was 16 I thought it would be cool to join and a quick way to make cash.

And I was right for the most part, but when I decided I wanted to leave... that was the hard part.

What I didn't understand is you can't just leave a gang. Once you give them your blood you're there for life. There is no going back.

Johnny had a daughter, my age exactly and I fell in what I thought was love.

I told her my plans to get out of the gang and to take her with me.

I thought I had it all planned out, but I realized I shouldn't have trusted her but at that time it was too late.

Johnny and the gang knew my plans and were planning to kill me.

But I had something all of them didn't.

A freaking brain.

I outsmarted all of them and caused them to fall straight into my trap, Jail.

But I guess the sentence wasn't long enough because they are out and hungry for my blood.

" How did they get out of jail? I thought they still had 5 years" Aaron asks.

" Well I guess they reduced their sentence. But it doesn't matter, we need to protect our families" I say and Jack and Aaron both nod their heads.

" So what do you think we should do?" Aaron asks and I stay silent for a moment.

What the h*ll are we going to do?

A/N
Short chapter but you get to see Grayson's POV.

Vote and comment what you think!

Next Update will be Tuesday,March 13th, 2018!

Stay lovely!

Xoxo, Laura