Chapter 18

Grayson's POV
"Can you believe it? I didn't even have to go out looking for you, you came right to me" Johnny let's out a laugh, stepping out into the light. He seemed to have aged during the years he spent in prison, his face held many more lines than it ever did before. A large scar above his left eyebrow formed a jagged line. He wasted no time when seizing me. His men had bound me to a chair as well as beat the sh*t outta me.

"Now Grayson, you've had a pretty crazy few years haven't you? I mean, gosh Layla is really a catch" He smirks walking closer to me. My jaw clenches and my whole body stiffens. How did he find out? I've been able to keep my sisters in the dark, how did he find out about Layla?

"Hmm, I didn't think you had a soft spot. Guess I was wrong huh? Looks like a struck a nerve. Good thing I've sent my men to go snatch her. You won't be away for long. She's been out searching for you after you disappeared to come find me." Johnny continues.

"You have me. There's no need to bring her into this" I growl out, spitting blood onto the ground beside me.

"Too late. You don't know how long I've been planning this. Planning your demise. I don't know what will bring me more joy, You dying or you watching Layla die." He chuckles, being pleasantly amused by this whole situation.

"Well it's time for me to go. People to kill, lives to ruin. You know, same old same old. When I return I'll make sure to bring a special surprise!" He snarls walking out of the dark room with his men following behind, locking the big metal door behind them.

A tear escapes my eye as I think of the pain Layla must be going through at this time, and how it was going to get much, much worse from here on.

I shake the thoughts out of my head. I can't let my emotions affect me, not now. I have to protect myself. I have to protect Layla.

Layla POV
I wake up from the hotel bed and yawn. I was exhausted. Being pregnant and trying to find Grayson was really weighing me down. Stress is never good during pregnancy and that's all my pregnancy has been so far.

Nakiya and Ina were sitting on the couch and Beckett seemed to be in the washroom. Ina watched the tv screen play reruns of her favourite show as Nakiya scrolled through her phone.

"Morning. I need coffee and donuts. I'll go down the street from here and get some. Do you all want something?" I ask them. I walk over to the table that sat beside the door of the hotel and grab my hotel key and wallet.

"Sure, we'll both take a coffee and Beckett will want a lot of donuts" Ina says smiling as she imagines Beckett stuffing his face with donuts. I've personally seen him when he's around donuts, he cannot control himself.

"Do you want me to come?" Nakiya asks. She turns off her phone and places it in her pocket.

"No I'm good. It's just across the street" I tell her honestly. I nod my head and wave goodbye.

I leave the hotel room and take the elevator down to the lobby. Since it was early in the morning, only a few people were in the lobby.

I walk out the lobby doors and feel my shoulder being bump from someone.

"I'm sorry" A man says grabbing my shoulder with his big hand. I look at the man and glare at him. He had salt and pepper hair, his face was wrinkled but tough and his eyes were stone cold grey.

"It's okay" I say hesitantly trying to shake off his hand. An unsettling feeling forms in my stomach when his hand only tightens on my shoulder. Before I could push him off, I feel another person snake their hand around my waist and pull me towards them. I start to pull away and feel my body being yanked back.

"Do what I say and nobody will be hurt" The second man whispers in my ear. The first man jumps into a white van in front of us and the second man pulls me into the van. The van speeds off and I scramble away from the embrace.

"What the hell is going on?" I demand while backing up from the men as best I could. A million thoughts run through my head as I assess my situation. Pregnant, kidnapped and scared out of my mind. I notice the man in the seat beside me had a strange tattoo on his upper arm. I focus my attention and notice the one symbol I didn't want to see. A serpent.

The man picks up a gun from the floor of the car and holds it above me. My hands fly up to protect my head but he quickly grabs both my wrists in his one large hand and pulls my hands away while he hits me over the head with the handle of the gun. I slouch back into my seat, feeling dizzy and my world start to go black.

A/N
Short chapter but a lot happens and I felt like I should end it there. Sorry for not posting in December. Like I said, December is a super busy month for me and I had no time to write.

January has been just as busy but I didn't let it stop me from posting.

Vote and comment what you think!!

Xoxo, Laura