Chapter 17

A couple days had passed and all of us were restlessly tired.

"Layla, We're in the town that was marked on the map. What will this base look like?" Ina asks glancing out her window at the building and houses we were slowly passing. I open my eyes and glance out my window. The sky was dark and the streetlights shone bright orange.

"I don't know what it'll look like. I guess we should just keep a look out" I whisper so I don't wake up Beckett and Nakiya in the back seat.

"I'll drive to the nearest hotel and we can look for it tomorrow" I nod at Ina's suggestion and lay my head against my window. The feeling of loneliness definitely was kicking in right now. All I wanted was to get Grayson back.  I need him more than ever. I place my hands on my small bump that I have been able to conceal with an over sized hoodie. It wasn't big at all, but it was there. And every time I thought about it, the more I smiled. The only one keeping me hopeful was my baby.

Grayson POV( a few months ago)

"Okay, The plan is to sneak into The Reptiles base and gather up any information on their next plan of action. I already know their first priority will be to destroy us so it's very important to not get caught. Jack, you'll hack into their system and gain access to their cameras, computers and whatever else we need. Aaron, you and I will head inside and gather the info. Have your mic on at all times. Everyone good with the plan?" I ask them.

Aaron nods and Jack speedily types on his computer. We all here a ding and see the sh*t eaters grin Jack is wearing.

"I've gained 100% access to their system" Aaron smiles and I let out a laugh. "Looks like they have the front and back doors blocked by men"

"What about side doors?" Aaron asks.

"No men there but they are locked. But if I just..." Jack types in a code and the screen turns green.

"Okay. Lets suit up and get this over and done with. Jack, warn us if anyone is coming after us"I order while placing my gun and mic on myself.

Jack hops into the drivers seat and Aaron and I hop into the back. We drive to the base and stop a couple streets down from it.

"Okay, get out here so they won't see the car. I'll go park somewhere close and when you guys need to be picked up let me know and I'll be there" Jack says while we hop out of the car and make our way to the base. The reptiles base was an old abandon warehouse they had inhabited illegally.

We hurriedly walk down the street and make out way the to warehouse. We crouch down at some bushes and I signal for Aaron to follow.

"Okay Jack, where is the side door?" I speak into the mic and wait for Jack to reply.

"It'll be on the right side of the building, blue door. Go now. People are going to be walking near the door" Jack informs us. Aaron and I run to the door and Aaron opens it first. We walk in and hear loud voices from somewhere down the hallway.

"Aaron, to the left of you, you'll find a closet door. It's where the computers and files are. I need you to look through all that and find me an access code. There is no one in the room and I'll lock the door once you're in the room" Jack says and Aaron walks into the room.

"Grayson, You need to investigate in each of the rooms and find whatever you can" Jack informs me.

"Great" I mumble out.

I walk down the dimly lit hallway, making sure to step lightly, not to make a sound. I find a door to my right and press my ear up against it. I hear voices and footprints from within the room and walk away from the door. I turn down another hallway, and continue to find a door or a room I could safely enter.

"Grayson, Someone is turning down the hallway your in. Get out! I repeat get  out!" Jack frantically says. I look around and race to a door. I press down onto the handle and find it locked.

"Jack, I need some help here. Open the door" I tell him as I hear the person turn the corner. The door unlocks and I quickly slip into the dark room closing the door behind me.

"What room am I in?" I ask Jack, trying to find my way around the darkness.

"I think you're in the supplies room" Jack answers confusedly looking at his map.

I run my hand carefully against the wall and feel a light switch. I switch it on and watch the dark room light up. The walls were covered in weapons. Guns, knives, tasers and much more. Everything you could ever need to hurt someone was here.

"Jack, their supply is endless. Walls stack high in weapons. They have enough for a whole army" I tell Jack.

"Why would they need all the weapons? Where did they get them all from? When we were there each member had a gun and that's about it" Jack says and I continue to walk around taking the whole room in. The ceilings were high. Room filled with dust and dirty floors. Tables full of boxes of ammunition.

I stalk around the room, checking each table and shelf I could find.

"Grayson, Aaron has found me the access code that I needed. He's going to go check some other rooms. Have you found any other information?" Jack asks. As I formulate my answer, I hear metal drop to the floor towards the dark side of the room.

"Jack, I don't think I'm alone in here" I whisper to him. I grab my gun from my vest and crouch down.

The person lets out a chuckle and steps out of the dark. No other than the man himself. The leader of the reptiles.

I feel my heart sink and a gun being placed to the back of my head.

"Drop the gun Grayson. We finally got you" Johnny chuckles while goose bumps cover my neck. What did I get myself into?

A/N

Hey!!

Here's the November update. Sorry it took so long. Thank you guys for patiently waiting. This chapter was the first chapter in a long time where we get to see Grayson's POV. His POV was set back a couple months ago when they first left on their mission.

Next Update will hopefully be in December. But if anyone knows me December is the busiest month for me so I may not be able to update. But let's stay hopeful!!

Tell me what you think of this chapter, very curious to know what you think.

Vote and comment what you think!

xoxo