Chapter 14

Layla POV
After talking it over countless of times with Ina and Beckett, they reassured me everything was going to be okay.

"I think we should cancel the trip. She can't go on this dangerous trip with her being pregnant!" Beckett exclaims throwing his hands up in the air to emphasize his point.

"As much as it kills me to say this but Beckett's right. This isn't some typical movie where the main characters don't ever get hurt, we are dealing with an actual gang. Anything could happen and it's way too dangerous" Ina says hanging her head down sadly. I shake my head at the both of them.

"Guys, I understand it's dangerous but Grayson's in danger. I know he is and we have to help him. We are continuing with this plan and I know exactly what we need to do" I tell both of them. Beckett stares at me like I've gone crazy and Ina stares at me proudly.

A few hours later we had come up with a plan. We first realized we weren't headed anywhere anytime soon without the proper knowledge or equipment we would need. Just heading out on a car trip wasn't going to help anybody find Grayson, especially now that I found out I was pregnant.

I brought out the black box I had found previously in the girls closets and Ina pulled out the map of all the circles indicating where the bases of the reptiles were.

When I opened up the black box, I first saw the gun and bullets with the gun. Beckett gasped when he saw it causing him to get a slap to the head by Ina.

Under the gun was a small engagement box with both mine and Grayson's initials engraved on it. It was now my turn to gasp. He was going to propose? No way. There's no way he could... could he?

Ina snatched the engagement box out of my hands and opened it up. Nothing was in it. No ring was found. At that moment my heart dropped. I knew it was too good to be true.

"Maybe he lost it" Beckett states earning a glare from Ina.

"You don't just lose an engagement ring dumb dumb" Ina says rolling her eyes at her boyfriends dumbness. I let out a strained laugh at their encounter.

"It's not a big deal. It's just a box" I say shrugging it off like nothing happened. There was a part of me that felt crushed and another part of my that felt confused. How could he propose after all he's put me through. He's shown no love and affection towards me for months.

"We leave exactly one month from now. In that one month we will train for the worst we could encounter. I'll teach you how to shoot a gun, how to fight off a reptile and how to track someone down" I tell them, trying to forget about the stupid engagement box. When Grayson and I first started officially dating, he taught me everything I would need to know to protect me in the future. Especially time when he wasn't going to be around, he always wanted to know that I could defend myself if need be.

Ina nods agreeing with me and Beckett gulps shaking his head yes.

*half a month later*

Ina stares down at the punching bag in front of her, determined to hit harder and faster than last time. She bends her knees and clenches her fists into a ball. She bounces on the balls of her heels and I watch her intently as she takes a few breathes.

"Remember to summon that inner anger" I whisper to her. She shakes her shoulders out and resumes her stance.

Ina goes to swing at the bag. One after the other she continues to punch the bag adding a few kicks every once in awhile. Her punches are sloppy and her kicks almost push her off balance. I stare at her in confusion. She's better than this. She can do better than this.

"That's enough" I tell her sternly and she drops her hands to the side. She pants to control her breaths and tears prickle her eyes.

"Ina, You okay?" I ask her while I sit down on a bench in the basement I had converted into a gym. Ina sits down beside me and chugs down her water bottle. Ina wipes her eyes and looks away from me.

"I'm fine" Ina grumbles out. She's never been the type to show any type of feeling other than anger.

"We are not leaving this bench until you tell me what's bothering you. Am I pushing you too hard? Do we need a break?" I ask her. We've been training five times a week. That's a lot especially for people that don't train.

"It's not that. It's just, I got a letter from my dad yesterday" Ina says and I gasp. This was the second time she had ever brought up her dad. The first time being when we first met and I asked about her home life. She said he wasn't around anymore and I didn't push it.

"Oh"

"Yeah, I can't believe he's still trying to talk to me. After everything he did. He cheated on my mom and drove her crazy and now he thinks he can try to rebuild that relationship with me" Ina stands up and resumes her stance at the punching bag.

"Who does he think he is?" She asks between punches at the punching bag. I stand up and watch her emotions change from anger to sadness to disappointment.

She looks at me sadly, as if she has let me down.

"Control the anger. Don't let it over take you, that's why your punches are sloppy. Control the anger or the anger controls you" I tell her while giving her a hug. She relaxes into my hug and takes a few deep breaths.

"I think that's enough for today. I'm too hungry to continue on" I tell her. Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I've constantly been eating food. I would have breakfast, brunch, lunch, snack time, supper and desert. But you can't blame me, I'm pregnant!!

I walk over to Beckett and see him sitting in the gym room working out. He lets out a couple huffs and places the weight he was lifting back onto the bar. Beckett has really been taking this training seriously. He's been working out almost everyday and he's shown lots of improvement. He looks up at me and smiles. He glances down at my belly and his smile grows. Even though my belly isn't big, you could definitely see a small little bump.

"I can't wait till the little bean gets here!! Im going to be the best uncle. Uncle Beckett, already has a nice ring to it" Beckett says laughing at his own weirdness. I laugh as well and Ina comes along.

"More like Uncle Becky. What kid knows how to say Beckett?" Ina states causing me to double over laughing. I could just imagine my baby calling out Uncle Becky.

My baby. Sadness rushes over me as I realize all the importance people in my life don't know about my baby.

Calli, Alli and Abbi, and most importantly Grayson. I didn't know where he was, who he was with, if he was safe, or even if he was still alive. Thinking about him not being alive sent shivers down my spine. Him not being able to witness our child grow up would be the worst thing I could ever imagine.

A/N
Happy birthday Queenchrystal123 ! Wish you the best birthday ever!!!

Here is a chapter for you!

(I'm sorry I posted this a day late, Wattpad wasn't letting me post this chapter)

Vote and comment what you think!

Xoxo, Laura