Chapter 8

{ I usually switch between Layla and Grayson every chapter but for a few chapters I won't be }

Layla POV
After my fainting spell in Calli's apartment, I drove to my best friends house.

Ina, was my best friend that I met just after highschool.

She had long black hair and glossy brown eyes. She was 5'5 and very sarcastic. She didn't like following rules and like to do things people told her not too. She is very protective of the people she cares about and always seems to amaze me with her dark sense of humour.

She was all in all my bada*s best friend.

I drive to her small house that she shared with Beckett.

Beckett was her nerdy Boyfriend. He had brownish, red hair, blue eyes and was 5'10. He liked sweet innocent girls so it was a big surprise when he ended up with Ina. He liked playing baseball and likes to read. He is very protective of his girlfriend and trusts people a little too easily. He was honestly the definition of a gentlemen and I think that's why Ina was attracted to him. He was just a sweet guy.

I pull up to her house and hop out of the car. I walk up the porch stairs and knock on their door.

Beckett opens the door and sends me his cheery smile.

" Hi Layla!" His expression changes when he see my sad one. He frowns and opens the door wider to let me in.

" Are you ok? Wait, I'll go grab Ina. INA!! Get your sweet butt down here!" Beckett yells to her while he looks at the stairs. Seconds later you could hear Ina stomp down the stairs sounding like a herd of elephants.

" Becker! I already told you I'm not watching Wheel of fortune with.... Layla?" Ina questions once she makes it down the stairs. She walks over to me with her arms open and she engulfs me into a hug.

" What's wrong babe?" She asks while she pulls me towards her couch. She sits us down and the tears start up again.

I show Ina the note that Grayson left me and fill her in on the story.

" That selfish prick. He didn't even have the decency to tell you what was going on. Ugh I'm going to rip his..." Ina starts while her face goes red and she balls up her fists.

Beckett sits beside me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

" You'll do nothing to him Ina, what he did was wrong but he had good intentions. He needed to protect them and that's the only way he knew how to" Beckett reasons with Ina and she settles down while huffing.

" You can stay as long as you want Layla" Beckett tells me giving me an encouraging smile.

" How about we do something fun" Ina suggests. I wipe my cheeks clear of tears and look towards Beckett then towards Ina.

Beckett smiles and claps his hands.

" Perfect! Great idea Babe" Beckett says standing up and wrapping his arms around her waist. She blushes and he leans in and pecks her lips. Her hands fall around his neck and I can't help but be jealous. Why can't I have that type of connection with Grayson? Why does everything have to be so hard?

" Uh.. Guys?" I say gathering their attention. They pull away and they sheepishly smile towards me.

" What are we going to do?" I ask them and Ina is the first one to speak up.

" Let's go skating and then we can go steal babies from their mothers" Ina says with delight. Beckett and I look at each other and stay silent not knowing if she was joking or not.

" I'm Kidding! Sheesh, people. Lighten up a bit. Let's just go and get some ice cream" Ina says rolling her eyes at us and heading to the front door.

I smile at Ina and shake my head. She's crazy. Beckett and I make our way to the door and follow Ina out.

After arguing about which ice cream shop to go to, we finally decided on a cute little shack near the local park.

We all ordered our ice creams. I ordered Cookies and Cream, Ina ordered chocolate,fudge brownie with chocolate sauce on top and Beckett ordered Vanilla.

" Why do you have to be so boring?" Ina asks once we had chosen a bench to sit at. She takes a large bite of her chocolate-y goodness and I can only sigh.

" Not everyone is as extra as you, Ina" Beckett says licking away at his ice cream.
Ina just rolls her eyes and steals a cookie dough price right off the top of my ice cream and places it in her mouth.

She smiles devilishly and I glare at her. This girl is asking for a death wish.

We sit at the bench, talking and slurping away at our ice creams. We didn't talk about anything deep and I was glad that we didn't. This was a good distraction from my normal life and I wished my life could be this simple everyday.

A/N
I introduced 2 of the 3 New characters!

Vote and comment what you think! What are your opinions on the new characters?

Thanks to dara_981  for reminding me to update. This chapter is for you!!

Ina's character was inspired by lolitzmoi

Beckett's character was inspired by Delilah00816

NEXT CHAPTER: TUESDAY, MAY 22nd, 2018.

(Someone remind me on that day... I'll probably forget again lol)

Xoxo, Laura